Poland, Prague, Vienna
& Budapest Pilgrimage
Spiritual Director: Fr. Wayne Dawson
August 10 - 22, 2020
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from San Francisco
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Centrally located first class hotels: (or similar)
- ~ 1 night: Aug 11 - 12, Radisson Collection 5*, Warsaw
- ~ 1 night Aug 12 - 13, Hotel Arche 4*, Czestochowa
- ~ 3 nights: Aug 13 - 16 Radisson Blu 5*, Krakow
- ~ 2 nights: Aug 16 - 18, Radisson Alcron 5*, Prague
- ~ 2 nights: Aug 18 - 20, Kaiserhof Vienna 4*, Vienna
- ~ 2 nights: Aug 20 - 22, K & K Hotel Opera 4*, Budapest
- Breakfast and Dinner daily, one lunch
- Wine with dinners
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Assistance of professional local guides
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Entrance fees and local guides: Poland: Jasna Gora Monastery, Museum of St. John Paul II in Wadowice, St. Mary’s Church in Krakow, Wawel Cathedral in Krakow, Wieliczka Salt Mine (incl. lift); Czech Republic: Castle district Hradcany (St. Vitus Cathedral, Old Royal Palace, St. George’s Basilica, Golden Lane with Daliborka Tower); Austria: Melk Abbey, Schönbrunn Royal Palace, St. Stephen's Cathedral and its catacombs; Hungary: Fisherman’s Bastion, Matyas Church. Local guides: Poland: Krakow, Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp, Wieliczka Salt Mine Czech Republic Prague; Austria: Vienna; Hungary: Budapest.
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches and beverages unless mentioned, tips to your guide & driver.
Day 1, Aug 10, Mon, Depart to Poland
Depart for your overnight flights to Poland.
Day 2, Aug 11, Tue, Arrive Warsaw
• Welcome to Warsaw, Poland! Upon arrival in Warsaw Airport, make your way to the baggage claim area and collect your luggage. Proceed to the arrival's hall, where you will be greeted by your tour guide and/or driver.
• Transfer to your hotel.
• Celebrate Mass at St. James Church, iconic for its tower and square base. This church is where Helena Kowalska prayed extensively upon entering Warsaw. Also, it is where she confessed all that burdened her soul and asked for the advice of Rev. James Dabrowski which eventually resulted in the Saint entering the convent.
• Time permitting, enjoy a panoramic tour of Warsaw to see the city’s highlights.
• Welcome dinner and overnight in Warsaw.
Day 3, Aug 12, Wed, Warsaw – Niepokalanow – Swinice Warckie – Czestochowa
• After breakfast at your hotel, transfer to Niepokalanow.
• Visit Franciscan Monastery in the community of Teresin which was founded by Martyr, St. Maximilian Kolbe. This remarkable saint was arrested by the Nazis and died in Auschwitz, giving his life for the life of another prisoner.
• Celebrate Mass at the Shrine.
• Lunch at the Hotel Chopin Business & Spa restaurant.
• Following your visit to this Holy Monastery, transfer to the village of Swinice Warckie.
• In Swinice Warckie, visit the church of St. Casimir. This historically rich parish is the site of baptism for St. Faustina (formally known as Helena Kowalska). Little Helena received her first confession and First Holy Communion at this parish. Additionally, she and her family attended Sunday Mass and other services at this church.
• After visiting this simple, yet elegant church, we will continue to Czestochowa.
• Upon arrival in Czestochowa, you will check-in to your hotel.
• Dinner at the hotel.
• After dinner you have a possibility to join Night Vigil at Jasna Gora.
• Overnight in Czestochowa.
Day 4, Aug 13, Thu, Czestochowa – Wadowice – Krakow
• Today, you will awake in the home of the grandest pilgrimage shrine of Poland since the 14th century!
• You will begin your day with celebrating Mass at one of the chapels at Jasna Gora Monastery (subject to confirmation).
• Following your prayerful visit to the Chapel of the Black Madonna enjoy a guided tour of Jasna Gora Monastery . This hill-top monastery is home to the beloved icon of the Black Madonna. Additionally, Saint John Paul II is said to have made frequent visits to this monastery throughout his life. Tradition tells us that this icon was painted by Luke the Evangelist, discovered by St. Helen, and later enshrined. While here, you will have the opportunity to venerate not only the Holy Icon, but also many other priceless treasures that are contained within.
• Continue on to Wadowice, the birthplace of Karol Wojtyla (Saint John Paul II).
• Lunch on your own.
• While in the small city of Wadowice, you will have the opportunity to visit the Museum Home of John Paul II and church of where this beloved Saint was baptized and attended Mass as a child.
• Following this historically captivating experience, continue onto Krakow.
• Dinner and overnight in Krakow.
Day 5, Aug 14, Fri, Krakow – Auschwitz – Krakow
• After breakfast, drive to Auschwitz, notoriously known as a Nazi concentration camp during the Second World War (Visit to Auschwitz is subject to confirmation and may adjust today’s schedule).
• Upon arriving at the former camp, you can feel the darkness and sorrow that overtakes the atmosphere as there were numerous unspeakable atrocities that occurred at this site. Additionally, while on this visit, you will have the opportunity to view the cell that imprisoned the Christ-like, St. Maximilian Kolbe, and visit the Martyrdom Museum.
• Return to Krakow and have lunch on your own.
• Explore Krakow's Market Square with St. Mary’s Church. The captivating beauty of this square is largely due to the fact that it has remained unchanged for almost 700 years. It contains a number of buildings that hold important historic value such as the Town Hall Tower, the Cloth Hall and the Burgher's houses. Following your time in this longstanding square, you will make your way to Wawel Hill where you will visit the beautiful Wawel Cathedral and Coronation Chapel. These are among the most important sites in Poland as the cathedral has been the coronation site of the Polish monarchs and has held numerous pieces of Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Classicist and Modern art. Also at this site, you will have the opportunity to pray at the tomb of the patron saint of Poland, St. Stanislaus.
• Celebrate Mass at local church.
• Dinner with folklore at a local restaurant.
• Overnight in Krakow.
Day 6, Aug 15, Sat, Assumption of Mary (National Holiday), 2020 Krakow – Divine Mercy – Wieliczka – Krakow (Schedule on this day is subject to change due to the National Holiday)
• After breakfast at your hotel, drive to the capital of the Divine Mercy. Through the mediation of St. Faustina, Christ passed on the message of Divine Mercy at Lagiewniki.
• While here, you will have the opportunity to visit the Shrine of Divine Mercy that contains images of the Merciful Jesus, relics of St. Faustina, as well as the Saint's convent chapel and her Tomb.
• Celebrate Mass at one of the chapels.
• We visit the "Have no Fear" center where we may pray by the relic of Saint Pope John Paul II.
• Lunch on your own.
• Depart for your excursion to Wieliczka Salt Mine (subject to confirmation)
•Visit Europe's oldest salt mine which has been listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
• Dinner and overnight in Krakow.
Day 7, Aug 16, Sun, Krakow – Prague
• After breakfast at your hotel depart to Prague.
• Lunch on our own at a stop along the way.
• Continue to Prague.
• Celebrate Mass at Loreta.
• Dinner and overnight in Prague.
Day 8, Aug 17, Mon, Prague
• After breakfast, we begin our tour of beautiful Prague.
• Your guided tour of Prague starts with the Castle district Hradcany and a visit to St. Vitus’ Cathedral (used for the inauguration of presidents and where you can find the tomb of St. Wenceslas and former rulers of the Czech Kingdom). This beautifully decorated chapel is dedicated to the patron of Czech lands, St. Wenceslas, a Bohemian Prince from the Premyslid dynasty assassinated by his own brother. The chapel was built on the former place of Romanesque rotunda where Wenceslas was buried. St. Wenceslas Chapel still keeps the holy relics of the saint. Continue on to the Basilica of St. George and a visit to Prague Castle. You will also see the Golden Lane, a row of tiny artisans’ shops built outside the castle walls in medieval times.
• We celebrate Mass at the Church of Our Lady Victorious and see the renowned statue of the Infant Jesus of Prague.
• After time for lunch on your own, we will cross the Charles Bridge to visit the Old Town which is considered to be one of the best historical city centers in Europe. Visit the Old Town Square, the Town Hall with its famous Astronomical Clock which comes alive when the hour strikes and the twelve disciples appear to bless the crowd, as well as the Church of Our Lady Before Tyn.
• Dinner at a local restaurant with folklore.
• Overnight in Prague.
Day 9, Aug 18, Tue, Prague – Melk – Vienna
• After breakfast, we board our coach and depart towards Vienna, capital of Austria.
• Make a stop enroute to visit the Melk Abbey, the Baroque style structure is surrounded by a gorgeous town with Renaissance homes and winding streets reminiscent of the Middle Ages. A magnificent library contains over 2,000 volumes from that era.
• Celebrate Mass at the Shrine.
• After lunch on your own we will proceed to Vienna.
• Check into your hotel or explore the city on your own.
• Dinner and overnight in Vienna.
Day 10, Aug 19, Wed, Vienna
• After breakfast, we will enjoy a sightseeing of Vienna, home of Strauss and Mozart and one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
• Visit of the Schönbrunn Royal Palace and summer house with 1,441 rooms including a Hall of Mirrors where Mozart performed at the age of six before a young Marie Antoinette.
• We go to Karlsplatz with its Church of St. Charles Borromeo and Otto Wagner's Stadtbahn pavilions. Next, view of the Belvedere Palace well known by its beautiful gardens.
• Lunch on your own or coffee break to enjoy the famous Vienna pastries such as Sacher cake.
• Tour the St. Stephen's Cathedral and its catacombs and those strong and brave may climb the 343 steps to the top of the cathedral spire. We will also see the miraculous image of Our Lady of Mariapocs.
• We celebrate Mass at the spectacular St. Stephen's Cathedral.
• Return to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 11, Aug 20, Thu, Vienna – Budapest
• After breakfast at your hotel, depart for Budapest. Often compared with Paris, this glamorous city has something to offer every visitor.
• Enroute stop for lunch on your own.
• Arrive and check into your hotel.
• Celebrate Mass at the local church.
• Enjoy free time to explore Budapest or rest before dinner.
•Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 12, Aug 21, Fri, Budapest
• Breakfast at the hotel.
• Celebrate Mass at Matyas Church (subject to confirmation).
• Enjoy a half day of guided sightseeing in Budapest. Visit gorgeous Romanesque-style Matyas Church whose Ecclesiastical Art museum houses numerous sacred relics and medieval stone carvings, including replicas of the Hungarian royal crown and coronation jewels.
• Continue to the Fisherman`s Bastion which takes its name from the guild of fishermen that were responsible for defending this stretch of city walls in the Middle Ages.
• Lunch on your own.
• Afternoon at leisure or last minute shopping.
• Enjoy farewell dinner at the hotel.
• Overnight in Budapest.
Day 13, Aug 22, Sat, Departure
Prepare for your departure to the airport and your return flights home with memories for a lifetime.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!