Egypt & Nile River Cruise Pilgrimage
Spiritual Directors: Dcn. John Hunt
April 19 - 27, 2024
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare
- Airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Accommodations in first class hotels and cruise as following: (or similar)
- Buffet Breakfast at your hotel
- Dinner at your hotel or local restaurants
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner while on Cruise
- Wine and mineral water/soft drink with dinners
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Whisper Headsets
- Assistance of professional local Christian guide(s)
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Egypt Visa fee of $25.00 (U.S. Citizens: Visas will be obtained at the border. Non-U.S. citizens: please contact the Egyptian Embassy)
- Catholic Priest, Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 peace per person)
- Meals and beverages not mentioned, Tips to your guide & driver.
Day 1, Fri, Apr 19: Depart from the U.S.
Your life changing journey begins this evening as you board your overnight flight to Cairo, Egypt. Meals will be served on board.
Day 2, Sat, Apr 20: Arrive at Cairo
We arrive in the land of the Pharaohs, Jacob, Joseph and Israel during the famine! Upon arrival at the airport we meet our guide and are immediately transported into Cairo, the capital of Egypt. We transfer to our hotel to settle in and start soaking up the atmosphere of this exciting city. Dinner and overnight in Cairo.
Day 3, Sun, Apr 21: Cairo
Following breakfast at Hotel we will have full day of touring the wonders of the ancient world, some of which date back to 1000+ years prior to Abraham. We spend time at one of the seven wonders of the world, the pyramids. Cheops, with an original height of 496 feet, is the most colossal pyramid ever built. Today, we will also see the Sphinx. Before going to the Egyptian museum, we will have a chance to visit the area of Old Cairo where shelter was given to the Virgin her baby as well as the Hanging Church. Drive to the Egyptian Museum, location of Tutankhamen’s treasures and ancient remains. Dinner and overnight in Cairo.
Day 4, Mon, Apr 22: Cairo - Beginning of the Nile River Cruise
Early morning rising to depart to Cairo airport for short flight to Luxor. Continue to board our Cruise ship before embarking on the Nile Cruise. After lunch we will be visiting the Temple of Karnak (temple of the New Kingdom period) and the East Bank of the Nile. It was during this period that the bondage and Exodus occurred. Karnak second to Giza’s Pyramids, is one of Egypt’s most important Pharaonic sites. We visit the fa-mous Temple of Luxor, which was founded in the reign of Amenhotep III, grandson of the pharaoh of the Exodus. Re-board our ship for dinner and overnight.
Day 5, Tue, Apr 23: Luxor - Esna
After breakfast we will visit the Valley of the Kings (where many ancient pharaohs were buried) and the famous Temple of Hatshepsut, the princess who perhaps pulled baby Moses out of the Nile River. This temple may have been designed by Moses. Followed by sail to Esna via the Nile River. Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 6, Wed, Apr 24: Edfu – Komombo
Breakfast is served on board before traveling to Edfu, the loca-tion of one of the best preserved Egyptian Temples. After time for visit we continue through the Esna Lock to Kom Ombo. Visit the remains of Kom Ombo Temple, situated on the river-side. Unlike most, this temple is dedicated to two gods - the crocodile god of Sebek and the solar god of war, Horus the Great. We spend time here before dinner and overnight on board.
Day 7, Thu, Apr 25: Komombo - Aswan
Morning sailing to Aswan we take time to visit the High Dam, built from 1960 - 1971 and is a major factor in Egypt’s agricul-tural success. We then also spend time at Philae Temple on the Isi-Island. This complex was moved from up river due to the impending destruction upon the completion of the High Dam. For those who wish to participate a visit is available this afternoon to Abu Simbel (at additional cost), part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site known as the "Nubian Monu-ments." Our Egyptologist guide discusses the relevance of this spectacular site from Egyptian history. We will also try to put in perspective the long history of Egypt. Here we visit the mas-sive temple of Pharaoh Rameses II, perhaps the greatest build-er of temples in ancient Egypt (13th Century BC) and a second one of Queen Nafertari, Rameses's most beloved wife. For those who do not participate on the trip to Abu Simbel, Free Time is available in Aswan followed by a Felucca ride around the Agh Khan Mausoleum. Dinner and overnight on board.
Day 8, Fri, Apr 26: Aswan - Cairo
Breakfast and flight back to Cairo. We enjoy a short ride to Memphis. Founded around 3,100 BC, Memphis is the legend-ary city of Menes, the King who united Upper and Lower Egypt. From a Biblical perspective, Memphis is most likely where Abraham lied to Pharaoh about his wife Sarah being his sister and where Joseph served as second in command. While in Memphis we will view a very large and well preserved stat-ue of Ramses II. Next is Sakkara, which is one of the most ex-tensive archaeological sites in Egypt! Sakkara is dominated by the Step Pyramid of King Zoser, dating back to 2700 BC. It is one of the oldest stone structures in the world! Enjoy a stop to see how local Egyptian carpets are made before a short drive to the south finds us in Faiyum, the region created by the divinely inspired wisdom of Joseph. Here you will find an-cient storehouses and a man-made lake created by a canal, whose construction was ordered by Joseph. It was this lake that provided irrigation for a desert land and supplied the food needed to survive his prophesied seven year famine. Din-ner and overnight.
Day 9, Sat, Apr 27: Departure
Following breakfast, transfer to the airport for your return flights home with lifetime memories! *206 Tours Disclaimer: Though every effort will be made to follow the itinerary, it should be considered as an indication, rather than a contract of places to be visited. Occasionally local religious holidays, national days, weather, traffic conditions and other events may necessitate changes in the sequence of visits or the missing of certain visits.
Why buy "With Airfare" from 206 Tours
- 1000’s of flights are being cancelled. 206 Tours will assist getting you to your destination.
- Your transfer will be waiting for you upon arrival, even if your flights are rescheduled.
- In the event your tour is not operating we will refund you all your money back or provide a full credit
- Your seats will be assigned according to your request (most online fares do not include seat assignment appox. $300)
- If you need to travel few days prior or stay few days later, make a stop-over, we will arrange it for you.
If you do not buy Airfare from 206 Tours
- With many flight cancellations and overbookings, we feel that you should know:
If your flight is cancelled - 206 Tours will not be able to assist you.
- In order to guarantee your arrival and departure transfer, we need your detailed flight arrival / departure by 45 days prior, Any changes within 45 -3 days prior, additional transfer cost may apply.
- For changes in arrival / departure within 3 days of departure, we will not be able to rebook your transfer and you will need to make your own way to / from hotel or airport at your own cost
- Often times low online fares, do not include seat assignments ($300 approx.). It will be a challenge to get a good seat assigned at the airport.
- If you book your own airfare, travel insurance provided by 206 Tours will not reimburse expenses caused by your flight changes.