Spiritual Director: Dcn. John Hunt
September 13 - 21, 2021
*Optional Dubrovnik Post Tour: September 21 - 23 | $499
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare
- Airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Centrally located Pension / Hotel (or similar)
- ~ 7 Nights: Sep 14 - 21: Hotel or Villa Grace, Medjugorje
- Optional Post Tour to Dubrovnik
- ~ 2 nights: Sep 21 - 23: Hotel Neptun, Lapad or GH Park, Dubrovnik
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Tour Escort throughout
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine with dinners
- Assistance of a professional local Catholic guide
- Visit to Community Cenacolo
- Meeting with visionaries (Pending Availability)
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities (English at 10:00am & Croatian at 6:00pm)
- Meeting with visionaries (Pending availability)
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches, Beverages, Tips to your guide & driver.
Day 1, Mon, Sep 13: Depart Boston
Depart Boston for your overnight flight. Meals are served on board
Day 2, Tue, Sep 14: Arrive Medjugorje
Early morning arrival in Europe where you will board your flights(s) to Dubrovnik, Split, or Sarajevo. Upon arrival you will find your lug-gage and exit the baggage claim into the arrivals hall where you will be greeted by a tour guide and/or driver. You will be escorted to the vehicle which will then take you on the 2 1/2 hour drive to the village of Medjugorje. Once there you will be introduced to your host family in whose comfortable, yet modest home you will be staying for the next seven nights. Enjoy a delicious dinner be-fore retiring for the evening.
Days 3 - 8, Wed - Mon, Sep 15 - 20: Medjugorje
Experience the beauty and peace of this simple village. During your stay in Medjugorje you will have the opportunity
to share faith with pilgrims from all over the world. Our local guide will accompa-ny us throughout your stay.
Here are some of the activities you'll be sharing with our fellow pilgrims:
Attend Daily Mass: Each morning, at 10:00A.M, your group will assemble at St. James Church for Mass (English-Speaking). At the end of each Mass, regardless of language, there is a blessing of the religious articles that you have with you. On Feast Days, and Sundays: English Mass is at Noon
Climb Apparition Hill: This mountainous hill is where the visionar-ies first encountered Our Lady. Also, at the base of this hill is a Blue Cross, where it is said Our Lady appeared to the children while they hid from the communist police in the early days of the alleged apparitions. When climbing, your group is invited to recite the Ro-sary, pausing five times for each decade of the Rosary At the top of the hill, you will witness the exact location of the first alleged appa-rition of Our Lady to the visionaries, and enjoy private time in pray-er.
Climb Mt. Krizevac (Cross Mountain): In 1933, the villagers built a 30' high cross atop a mountain to commemorate Jesus' passion and death on the cross. Your group will have the opportunity to climb this mountain, and venerate that very cross. When climbing, your group is invited to pray the Stations of the Cross (to meditate on Jesus' suffering Road to Calvary), pausing fifteen times for each Station. Apparitions: Each evening at 6PM your group will join the villagers and fellow pilgrims of Medjugorje in saying the Rosary as all anx-iously await the alleged arrival of Our Lady to the visionaries. Fol-lowing the apparition, at 5:40 PM feel free to stay at St. James Church and attend the Croatian Mass. Following the Croatian Mass, there is a Blessing of the Sick.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Our Lady has always called us to be close to her Son. For this, you will have the opportunity to adore the Blessed Sacrament at the outside altar of St. James Church. Adoration is held on Tuesdays and Saturdays; Veneration of the Cross is held on Fridays inside the church. Additionally, there is an Adoration Chapel on the grounds of St. James Church. Adora-tion is held here in the afternoon hours.
Meetings with the Visionaries: Pending their availability, your guide will arrange meetings with the visionaries at their homes. Visit to the Community of Cenacolo: You will have the opportunity to visit the community of Cenacolo, founded by the Sisters of Char-ity, for young men and women who have taken a wrong path and are on the road to recovery. You will be able to listen to their inspi-rational words about their journeys back to Jesus Christ.
Prayer at the Statue of the Risen Christ: Located on the grounds of St. James Church, is the bronze statue of the Risen Christ. Many pilgrims sit and pray on the benches surrounding this peaceful stat-ue. This statue miraculously seeps droplets of water at all times of the day, out of Christ's right knee.
Day 9, Tue, Sep 21: Medjugorje - USA
After an early breakfast and heartfelt farewells, we leave by motor coach for Dubrovnik Airport (Split or Sarajevo) for our return flights home.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!