"Pope Authorizes Official Pilgrimages to Medjugorje"
May 12, 2019
Medjugorje Youth Festival
Group Coordinator: Monique Stevens
August 1 - 9, 2020
Your trip includes
- Round Trip Airfare
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Centrally located hotels: (or similiar)
- 7 nights in the Dragicevic Family Home with private baths and air conditioning
- Breakfast daily and Dinner daily
- Wine with dinners
- Group Airport Transfers by private motor coach
- Escorted by professional local Christian guides
- Sightseeing and spiritual activities
- Mass daily & Spiritual Activities
- Special times of prayer and group meetings
- Unlimited use of the private home Chapel books and tapes
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Tips to your guide & driver
- Excursion to Tihaljina
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches, beverages not mentioned.
Day 1, Saturday, August 1: Depart USA
Depart from your hometown for the overnight flight to Europe. Dinner and breakfast will be served on board.
Day 2, Sunday, August 2: Arrive Medjugorje
After an early morning arrival in Europe you will connect flights to Dubrovnik (Split or Sarajevo). Upon arrival, you'll be greeted by a tour guide and/or driver who will then take you on the 2 1/2 hour drive by private coach to the village of Medjugorje. Guide will be with your throughout your stay. Once there, you'll meet your fellow pilgrims and be introduced to your host family in whose comfortable yet modest house (inn) you will be staying for the next seven nights.
Day 3 - 8, Monday, August - Saturday, August 8: Medjugorje
Experience the beauty and peace of this simple village. During your stay in Medjugorje you will have the opportunity to share faith with pilgrims from all over the world. Here are some of the activities we'll be sharing with our fellow pilgrims: Each morning at 10am we assemble at St James Church for the English-language Mass (Feast days and Sundays English Mass is at Noon). Follow the path up Apparition Hill where the visionaries first encountered Our Lady. Touch and pray before the cross that commemorates the spot where Mary first appeared to the visionaries. Each evening at 6pm, we will join the villagers and pilgrims to pray the rosary. The apparition takes place at 6:40 daylight savings time, and then stay on for Croatian Mass. Don't miss on Thursdays and Saturdays Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and on Fridays Veneration of the Cross in the Church. Each evening during Croatian Mass, there is the Blessing of the Sick and blessing of the items you have with you. Our guide will arrange meetings with the visionaries at their own homes provided that they are in Medjugorje during your trip, and pending their availability. We will have the opportunity to climb Krizevac Mountain, where in 1933 the villagers built a 30' high cross on the anniversary of Jesus' crucifixion. Visit and pray at "Blue Cross", which is a place of great healings and graces- a very special place at the base of Apparition Hill. We will visit the community of Cenacolo.
Day 9, Sunday, August 9: Medjugorje - USA
After an early breakfast and heartfelt farewells, we leave by motor coach for Dubrovnik Airport (Split or Sarajevo) for return flights home.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!