Fatima, Spain & Lourdes Pilgrimage
Spiritual Director: Fr. Edward Looney
October 10 - 19, 2018
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Centrally located first class hotels: (or similar)
- ~ 1 night | Oct 11 - 12: Mundial, Lisbon, Portugal
- ~ 2 nights | Oct 12 - 14: Santa Maria, Fatima, Portugal
- ~ 1 night | Oct 14 - 15: Hotel Abba Fonseca, Salamanca
- ~ 1 night | Oct 15 - 16: Hotel Abba Burgos, Burgos
- ~ 3 nights | Oct 16 - 19: Hotel Chapelle et Parc, Lourdes
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Professional local Catholic Tour Escort
- Assistance of a professional local Christian guide(s)
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches, Beverages, Tips to your guide & driver
Wed, Oct 10: Depart for Lisbon
Make your way to the Newark airport, where you will board your overnight flight(s). Your meals will be served on board.
Thu, Oct 11: Arrive Lisbon
Upon landing at Lisbon Portela Airport, you will be greeted by your tour guide and/or driver. We will begin a panoramic sight-seeing tour of the coastal city of Lisbon. Stop at St. Jerome's Monastery and drive by the Belem Quarter that contains the Belem Tower. Pass by the "25th of April Bridge", inspired by the Golden Gate Bridge of San Francisco, California. Our last stop will be St. Anthony's Church to celebrate Mass. After Mass we will check-in at the hotel and enjoy a welcoming dinner followed by a restful overnight.
Fri, Oct 12: Lisbon - Santarem - Fatima
Today, we will travel north to the old city of Santarem. In Santar-em, visit and attend Mass at the Church of St. Stephen, which holds the oldest (13th century) recorded Eucharistic Miracle. Continue to Fatima with a visit to the Hamlet of Aljustrel, the home of the three shepherd children. Visit the Parish Church and Fatima Parish Cemetery. Dinner and overnight in Fatima.
Sat, Oct 13: Fatima
Today will surely be a memorable experience as you pray and meditate at one of Our Blessed Mother's apparition sites. Our reflective day begins with a visit to the Little Chapel of the Appa-ritions. Continue with a visit to the Holy Trinity Basilica. After free time for lunch, we will experience Christ's unconditional love by participating in the Stations of the Cross along the Via Sacra. End the day with a visit to Valinhos, the site of Our Lady's August 1917 apparition and the first and third apparitions of the Angel. Your night will conclude with private devotions and a can-dlelight procession, requested by Our Lady. Enjoy dinner and a comfortable night's rest in Fatima.
Sun, Oct 14: Fatima - Salamanca
Following breakfast, depart Fatima and continue on to Salaman-ca. Salamanca is a city in the Castilla y Leon region, known for its large University, the oldest in Spain, and its lively culture. Our walking tour will take us to the grand Plaza Mayor, La Clerecia, La Casa de las Conchas, the Roman Bridge, La Iglesia de San Mar-cos, and La Iglesia de San Martin. Visit two Salamanca Cathedrals (old and new), one of which is of a Romanesque style and the other of a Gothic style. Following this eventful day, return to your hotel for dinner with your group and an overnight at your hotel in Salamanca.
Mon, Oct 15: Salamanca - Alba de Tormes - Avila-Burgos
This morning, after breakfast, you will board the bus and enjoy a short transfer to the village of Alba de Tormes. This town is home to the Carmelite Monastery that Saint Teresa founded in 1571. In Alba de Tormes, your group will celebrate Mass at this Monastery. Following Mass, visit the museum dedicated to St. Teresa of Avila, which also holds her incorrupt heart and left arm. You'll have free time for lunch on your own, before contin-uing to the medieval city of Avila. In Avila, you will immediately notice the perfectly preserved eleventh-century walls that sur-round the old town. Visit Incarnation Convent, where St. Teresa became a nun, followed by El Convento de Santa Teresa which contains the relics of St. Teresa and of St. John of the Cross. After walking in the footsteps of St. Teresa, continue your jour-ney to Burgos. Upon arrival in the historic capital of Old Castile, enjoy dinner. Following dinner, take the opportunity to explore Burgos and admire its magnificent limestone Gothic-style Cathe-dral. Late this evening, return to your hotel for a restful overnight.
Tues, Oct 16: Burgos - Loyola - Lourdes
Following breakfast, transfer to Loyola to visit the birthplace of St. Ignatius, founder of the Jesuit order. In Loyola, you will see the 17th century Basilica that is dedicated to this remarkable saint. After meditating on the life of St. Ignatius, you will enjoy free time for lunch. Then you will board the bus and continue to Lourdes, with a spectacular view of the Pyrenees Mountains along the way. Upon arrival in Lourdes, you will check in to your hotel and enjoy a splendid dinner and peaceful overnight.
Wed & Thurs , Oct 17-18: Lourdes
You will wake up in this small town that is nestled within the Pyrenees Mountains. In Lourdes, you will pray and meditate in yet another site of Our Lady's apparitions. Our Lady first ap-peared to Bernadette in 1858 and announced herself as "The Immaculate Conception." Throughout your time in Lourdes, you will have the opportunity to attend Mass at the Grotto where Our Lady appeared to Bernadette, drink water from the miracu-lous spring that has healed many, submerge yourself in the heal-ing baths, and walk in and meditate upon the footsteps of St. Bernadette. In the evening, you will have free time to attend the Blessed Sacrament Procession before dinner. Following dinner, participate in the candlelight procession and the Rosary. Return to hotel for a restful night of sleep.
Fri, Oct 19: Lourdes - USA
After an early breakfast and heartfelt farewells, your group will leave by motor coach and transfer to the Toulouse, Paul, or Lourdes airport for return flights home.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!