Our Lady Queen of Peace
Mexico City & Our Lady
of Guadalupe Pilgrimage
Spiritual Director: Fr. Stan Fortuna, C.F.R.
Group Coordinator: Penny Abbruzzese
December 8 - 13, 2022
Shrine of Guadalupe · Mexico City · San Juan Teotihuacan · Puebla
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Hotel accommodations (or similar) in double occupancy
- ~ 5 nights: Dec 8 - 13: Galeria Plaza, Mexico City
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Breakfast daily at your hotel
- Lunch daily at local restaurants (except on day of arrival/departure)
- Dinner daily at local restaurants
- Wine with dinners
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Assistance of a professional local Catholic guide(s)
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Free Wi-Fi at Hotel Galeria Plaza
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Airlines luggage fee, Tips to Guide & driver, Beverages not mentioned
Day 1, Thu, Dec 08: Depart for Mexico City
Make your way to your local airport where you will board your flight(s) to Mexico City. Upon arrival, you will collect your luggage in the baggage claim area, and continue to the Arrival's Hall where you will be greeted by a tour guide and/or driver. Transfer to your hotel. Enjoy free time before celebrating Mass (subject to arrival time) and dinner. Overnight in Mexico City.
Day 2, Fri, Dec 09: Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe and San Juan Teotihuacan
After breakfast, depart for the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Patroness of the Americas), by way of the Plaza of the Three Cultures. You will first visit the Church of Santiago Tlatelolco where St. Juan Diego was baptized. This plaza is important as it symbolizes the unique blend of the pre-Hispanic, and Hispanic cultures that make up Mexico. Continue to the Shrine of Guadalupe, built in response to Our Lady's request to the visionary, St. Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin. Upon arrival at the Shrine, you will celebrate Mass as you marvel at the brilliantly colored Basilica. Following Mass, we visit the various points of interest in the Tepeyac area surrounding the Basilica, each associated with the story of the apparitions of Our Lady. We see the original Chapel on the exact site of the apparitions to Juan Diego (Capilla del Cerrito) and the Old Basilica completed in 1709. One special stop is La Capilla del Pocito (Chapel of the Little Well) - a well which opened under the feet of the Virgin. We will join the other pilgrims as you kneel in front of the "Tilma", where Our Lady's image was miraculously imprinted. Following this visit, you will make your way to San Juan Teotihuacan, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. According to mythology, this site was chosen to be the center of the universe, and from then on, it became a prominent political and religious center from the second century until the ninth century. While in San Juan Teotihuacan, you will enjoy lunch at a nearby restaurant, followed by a guided tour of the Archaeological zone. View the pyramids of the Sun and Moon and learn how the Aztecs used to work the obsidian stone and the multiple uses of the Maguey Plant. Your fun-filled busy day will culminate with a delicious dinner and an overnight at your hotel.
Day 3, Sat, Dec 10: Mexico City
This morning, your day will begin with breakfast, followed by Mass at the Holy Family Church, where you will view the tomb of Fr. Miguel Agustin Pro, the Jesuit martyr. In a time of great religious persecutions, Fr. Pro was exiled from Mexico during the Mexican Revolution. However, he returned to Mexico and was aided by a secret ministry who helped him hide from authorities. During his time in Mexico, he assisted many individuals in their spiritual, as well as temporal, needs. He was eventually discovered, arrested and killed by authorities. While at the Holy Family Church, you may pray to this great martyr who remained filled with the joy of serving Our Lord even in the midst of very difficult times. You will also visit the small but very inspiring Museum dedicated in honor of Father Pro. There will be time for a prayer and a special blessing.
After this visit, you will tour the oldest and largest Cathedral in all of Latin America, the Metropolitan Cathedral of the Assumption of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary into Heaven. Throughout your time in the Cathedral, you will be overwhelmed by the stunning paintings, altar pieces, and statues. Your tour continues with a transfer to the National Palace. This extraordinary palace has been a building of the ruling class of Mexico since the Aztec Empire's rule. During this visit, you will be able to view some amazing murals painted by Diego Rivera. Continue the day with a visit to the Plaza of Santo Domingo. This plaza contains two Holy places that are architecturally exquisite; the Church of Santo Domingo, the first Church built by the Dominicans in 1576 and; the Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary, the first Rosary Shrine in Mexico. Additionally, you will visit the Shrine of Our Lady of Covadonga, the headquarters of the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary. This Shrine is dedicated to the Patron Saint of Asturias (Spain). Return back to your hotel to enjoy a delicious dinner and rest before the next day of activities.
Day 4, Sun, Dec 11: Excursion to Puebla
A fun-filled day is ahead of you. Enjoy a spectacular drive to what is known as Mexico's most beautify city - Puebla. On your ride, you will climb to over 10,000 feet above sea level, and view two magnificent peaks; one that is covered with snow and the other that is an active volcano. On our sightseeing tour we will visit: the Cathedral dedicated to the Immaculate Conception, a treasure of colonial art, the Church of St. Dominic to admire the Chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary built in 1690. This is an outstanding example of Mexican Baroque, with dazzling use of gilded stucco and onyx stonework. The Church of St. Francis of Assisi, where you will view the incorrupt body of St. Sebastian of Aparicido and time for shopping at the local Parian market with its colorful, glazed pottery. Enjoy a typical poblano lunch will Mole tasting be served at a local restaurant. Return to Mexico City for dinner and an overnight.
Day 5, Mon, Dec 12: Church of Tulpetlac - Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe
After breakfast, transfer to the Church of the 5th Apparition, where the Blessed Virgin Maria de Guadalupe appeared to Juan Bernardino, Juan Diego's uncle. Here you can find a well of healing water which locals drink from. Next, a return visit to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe to attend Mass, and bid farewell to Mary the Mother of God. Free time in the afternoon before dinner out with Mariachis entertainment and your last overnight in Mexico.
Day 6, Tue, Dec 13: Return Home
This morning, transfer to the airport for your return flight(s) home. You will say farewell to friends and a pilgrimage that will last in your memory for years to come.*206 Tours Disclaimer:
Occasionally local religious and national holidays, weather, traffic conditions and other events may necessitate changes in the sequence of events or the missing of certain events/places. Though every effort will be made to follow the itinerary, it should be considered as an indication, rather than a contract of events and places to be visited.
Why buy "With Airfare" from 206 Tours
- 1000’s of flights are being cancelled. 206 Tours will assist getting you to your destination.
- Your transfer will be waiting for you upon arrival, even if your flights are rescheduled.
- In the event your tour is not operating we will refund you all your money back or provide a full credit
- Your seats will be assigned according to your request (most online fares do not include seat assignment appox. $300)
- If you need to travel few days prior or stay few days later, make a stop-over, we will arrange it for you.
If you do not buy Airfare from 206 Tours
- With many flight cancellations and overbookings, we feel that you should know:
If your flight is cancelled - 206 Tours will not be able to assist you.
- In order to guarantee your arrival and departure transfer, we need your detailed flight arrival / departure by 45 days prior, Any changes within 45 -3 days prior, additional transfer cost may apply.
- For changes in arrival / departure within 3 days of departure, we will not be able to rebook your transfer and you will need to make your own way to / from hotel or airport at your own cost
- Often times low online fares, do not include seat assignments ($300 approx.). It will be a challenge to get a good seat assigned at the airport.
- If you book your own airfare, travel insurance provided by 206 Tours will not reimburse expenses caused by your flight changes.