"Pope Authorizes Official Pilgrimages to Medjugorje"
March 14 - 22, 2020
Be in Medjugorje on March 18 for the Birthday of Visionary Mirjana!
Group Leader: Stephen Ryan
March 14 - 22, 2020
*Optional Post Tour to Dubrovnik - March 22 - 24, 2020
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from your desired Airport
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Centrally located first class hotels as follows: (or similar)
- ~ 7 nights: Hotel Grace, Medjugorje
- Post Optional Two (2) days in Dubrovnik: (or similar)
- ~ 2 nights: GH Park Hotel, Medjugorje
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine with dinners
- Assistance of a professional local guide(s)
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities (English at 10:00am & Croatian at 6:00pm)
- Visit to Community Cenacolo
- Meeting with visionaries (Pending availability)
- Free Wifi
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches, Tips to your guide & driver
Day 1, Saturday, March 14, 2020: Depart for Medjugorje
Make your way to your local airport where you will board your overnight flight. Your meals are served on board.
Day 2, Sunday, March 15, 2020: Arrive Medjugorje
Upon arrival in Europe, change gates to board your short connection flight to either: Dubrovnik, Split, or Sarajevo airport. Upon arrival collect your luggage in the baggage claim area, and continue to the arrival's hall where you will be greeted by a tour guide and/or driver, who will take you on the 2 1/2 hour drive to the village of Medjugorje. Enjoy dinner before retiring for the evening.
Day 3 - 10, Monday - Saturday, March 16 - 21, 2020: Experiencing Medjugorje
The most beautiful feature of Medjugorje is its simplicity, and its peace. While in Medjugorje, you will have the opportunity to experience your faith grow, and share in the faith journey of pilgrims from all over the world. The local guide will accompany your group throughout your stay in the village.
Some activities that will accompany you in your spiritual journey:
Attend Daily Mass: Each morning, at 10:00AM, your group will assemble at St. James Church for Mass (English-Speaking). At the end of each Mass, regardless of language, there is a blessing of the religious articles that you have with you.
On Feast Days, and Sundays: English Mass is at Noon
Climb Apparition Hill: This mountainous hill is where the visionaries first encountered Our Lady. Also, at the base of this hill is a Blue Cross, where it is said Our Lady appeared to the children while they hid from the communist police in the early days of the alleged apparitions. When climbing, your group is invited to recite the Rosary, pausing five times for each decade of the Rosary. At the top of the hill, you will witness the exact location of the first alleged apparition of Our Lady to the visionaries, and enjoy private time in prayer.
Climb Mt. Krizevac (Cross Mountain): In 1933, the villagers built a 30' high cross atop a mountain to commemorate Jesus' passion and death on the cross. Your group will have the opportunity to climb this mountain, and venerate that very cross. When climbing, your group is invited to pray the Stations of the Cross (to meditate on Jesus' suffering Road to Calvary), pausing fifteen times for each Station.
Apparitions: Each evening at 6PM, your group will join the villagers and fellow pilgrims of Medjugorje in saying the Rosary as all anxiously await the alleged arrival of Our Lady to the visionaries. Following the apparition, at 6:40PM, feel free to stay at St. James Church and attend the Croatian Mass. Following the Croatian Mass, there is a Blessing of the Sick.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Our Lady has always called us to be close to her Son. For this, you will have the opportunity to adore the Blessed Sacrament at the outside altar of St. James Church. Adoration is held on Tuesdays and Saturdays; Veneration of the Cross is held on Fridays inside the church. Additionally, there is an Adoration Chapel on the grounds of St. James Church. Adoration is held here in the afternoon hours.
Meetings with the Visionaries: Pending their availability, your guide will arrange meetings with the visionaries at their homes.
Visit to the Community of Cenacolo: You will have the opportunity to visit the community of Cenacolo, founded by the Sisters of Charity, for young men and women who have taken a wrong path and are on the road to recovery. You will be able to listen to their inspirational words about their journeys back to Jesus Christ.
Prayer at the Statue of the Risen Christ: Located on the grounds of St. James Church, is the bronze statue of the Risen Christ. Many pilgrims sit and pray on the benches surrounding this peaceful statue. This statue miraculously seeps droplets of water at all times of the day, out of Christ's right knee.
Day 11, Sunday, March 22, 2020: Medjugorje - Home
After an early breakfast and heartfelt farewells, we leave by motor coach for Dubrovnik Airport (Split or Sarajevo) for return flights home.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!
About your trip
Medjugorje, located in Bosnia & Herzegovina, is the site of the 1981 Marian Apparitions. On June 24th 1981 six children witnessed the Blessed Virgin Mary on what is now known as Apparition Hill. The apparition of Our Lady had a message of peace for the world, as well as a call to conversion, prayer and fasting. She appeared to them with an infant in their arms and confided several secrets to the children. Some of the children, now adults, continue to witness Our Lady’s apparitions.
Medjugorje is a place of peace and prayer where over 40 million people have visited the now popular Pilgrimage site. In 2018 Pope Francis appointed Archbishop Henryk Hoser the “Apostolic Visitor” to Medjugorje in steps to officially recognize Medjugorje as a sacred Catholic site. On May 13, 2019 the Holy See officially announced that Dioceses and Parishes throughout the world are officially authorized to organize Pilgrimages to Medjugorje.