"Pope Authorizes Official Pilgrimages to Medjugorje"
May 13, 2019
Marian Travel Service
Group Coordinator: Helen Zec
October 3 - 12, 2019
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from
- ~8 nights: Dragan & Huanita Dragicevic Pansion with private baths
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine with dinners
- Assistance of a professional local Catholic guide(s)
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Optional visit to the Old City of Dubrovnik
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches, Tips to Guide & Driver.
Day 1, October 3, 2019: Depart Phoenix
Depart Phoenix for your overnight flight. Meals are served on board.
Day 2, October 4, 2019: Arrive Medjugorje
Arrive into Sarajevo airport. Upon arrival you will find your luggage and exit the baggage claim into the arrivals hall where you will be greeted by a tour guide and/or driver. You will be escorted to the vehicle which will then take you on the 2 hour drive to the village of Medjugorje. Once there you will meet your fellow pilgrims. You will also be introduced to Dragan & Huanita Dragicevic, your host family, in whose comfortable, yet modest inn you will be staying for the next nine nights. Enjoy a delicious dinner before retiring for the evening.
Day 3 - 9, October 5 - 11, 2019 : Medjugorje
Climb Apparition Hill: This mountainous hill is where the visionaries allege was the first encounter with Our Lady. When climbing, your group is invited to recite the Rosary, pausing five times for each decade of the Rosary. At the top of the hill, you will witness the exact location of the first alleged apparition of Our Lady to the visionaries, and enjoy private time in prayer. Visit and pray at the "Blue Cross", which is a place of great healings and graces - a very special site at the base of Apparition Hill.
Meetings will be arranged with the visionaries at their own homes, provided they are in Medjugorje during your trip and depending availability.
You will be invited to attend inspirational talks by the priests of St. James parish in Medjugorje.
Optional Day Trip to Dubrovnik: You will have the option to make a day trip to Dubrovnik. Upon arriving in the city, fronting the Adriatic, you will be able to spend the day touring this amazing "walled" city. As you make your way through the "Old Town" - often referred to as the "Pearl of the Adriatic". From visiting the St. Blasius Church (dedicated to the Patron Saint of Dubrovnik"), the iconic Bell Tower, Dominican Monastery, and the Franciscan Monastery Tower.
Day 10, October 12, 2019: Medjugorje - Phoenix
After an early breakfast and heartfelt farewells, we leave by motor coach for Sarajevo Airport for return flights home to Phoenix.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!
About your trip
On June 25, 1981, in the mountain village of Medjugorje in Herzegovina, Our Lady allegedly appeared to six children. She identified herself as the Blessed Virgin Mary, Queen of Peace, and continues to allegedly appear to several of the visionaries. Her mission is to promote peace with God and mankind, through her Son, Jesus. Mary's own words to the children explained, "I have come to tell the world that God exists." 206 Tours has been arranging pilgrimages to Medjugorje since 1985. About the Six Medjugorje Visionaries