Join Lorraine's Group on a Pilgrimage to
Lourdes & Paris
Spiritual Director: Fr. Martin Kern
Group Coordinator: Lorraine Hendricks
July 16 - 24, 2022
Your trip includes
- Round-trip Air Transportation from Newark
- Fuel Surcharges and Airport Taxes
- Centrally located first class hotels as follows: (or similar)
- ~ 6 nights: July 17 - 23: Grand Hotel Moderne, Lourdes
- ~ 1 nights: July 23 - 23: Novotel Eiffel Tower, Paris
- Airport Transfers by private motor coach
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Lunches in Lourdes
- Lunch at Nevers Convent
- Local Guide in Lourdes (2 half day visits: one to the shrine and one to the different sites related to Bernadette)
- Tour Escort, Daphne from Jul 23 - 24 (Paris)
- Assistance of a guide in Lourdes at night to ensure everything is in order
- Mass daily
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Meals and beverages not mentioned, Eiffel Tower entrance fee. Tips to your guides and drivers.
Day 1, Sat, Jul 16: Newark to France
Depart Newark for your overnight flight to France. Dinner and breakfast will be served on board.
Day 2, Sun, Jul 17 : Arrive Lourdes
Upon arriving at Pau (or Toulouse) airport, make your way to the baggage claim area and collect your luggage. Proceed to the arrival's hall, where you will be greeted by your tour guide and/or driver. Embark on scenic drive to Lourdes. Check-in to your hotel where at late lunch will be waiting. Relax or explore before dinner. Following dinner, you will have free time to observe the candlelight procession. These processions are lit by candlelight and guided by the Most Holy Rosary. Following this prayerful experience, you will return to your hotel for an overnight.
Day 3 - 7, Mon - Fri, Jul 18 - 22: Lourdes
This pilgrimage was designed for those who would like to spend time in Lourdes. The first few days will include walking tours of Lourdes with your group, spiritual director and tour guide. The last days will be dedicated to private time for your own personal reflection and prayer. During your trip you will have an opportunity to: Attend Mass at the Grotto, watch a video presentation telling the story of Lourdes, and walk in the footsteps of St. Bernadette. Visit the Boly Mill where St. Bernadette was born, and the "Cachot," an abandoned prison where Bernadette's impoverished family lived. Join your prayers with those of pilgrims from around the world as you pray for your intentions, drink water from the miraculous spring or submerge yourself in the healing baths. Experience Christ's love as you walk the life-sized Stations of the Cross overlooking the Holy Grotto. Kneel in the chapel built on the very rock of the Grotto, in obedience to the request of the "Immaculate Conception." Most evenings are free for optional Blessed Sacrament Procession, also known as the Blessing of the Sick.
Day 8, Sat, Jul 23: Lourdes - Paris
Early breakfast, followed by transfer to Lourdes Airport for your flight to Paris. You will visit and/or celebrate Mass at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, where you will view the incorrupt body of St. Catherine Laboure. The Saint's guardian angel led her to the chapel, where the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to her. During apparitions, Our Lady repeatedly instructed the making and purpose of the Miraculous Medal, as well as the green scapular. According to the Blessed Virgin Mary, those who wear the Miraculous Medal and scapular will receive special protection and abundant graces. After Mass, we will walk to Saint Vincent de Paul Church. Enjoy the panoramic sightseeing tour, via motor coach and view the most recognizable symbol of the city of Paris, the Eiffel Tower. Historically, the Tower's original intent was to commemorate the centenary of the French Revolution, but, later assisted in advancements in meteorology, telegraphy during World War I, radio, and television. Pass by Invalides, the L'Arch de Triomphe, a monument that symbolizes gratitude for those who fought for France. This monument stands at the West end of the Champ-Elysees, one of the world's most famous boulevards. We will make a stop at La Madeleine, with the statue of Mary Magdalene carried to heaven by angels. Due to the tragic fire at Notre Dame Cathedral on April 15, 2019, Pilgrims will not be able to enter the Cathedral for the near future. Pilgrims will still have the opportunity to view the Cathedral from outside, and we expect the sacred relics to be on display in a nearby church or museum. Your fun-filled, busy day ends with a lovely dinner and a very comfortable overnight at Paris Hotel.
Day 9, Sun, Jul 24: Paris - Newark
Following breakfast, transfer to Paris airport for your return flight to Newark.*206 Tours Disclaimer:
The itinerary should be considered as an indication, rather than a contract of places to be visited. Occasionally local religious holidays, national days, weather, traffic conditions and other events may necessitate changes in the sequence of visits or the missing of certain visits.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!