"Pope Authorizes Official Pilgrimages to Medjugorje"
May 13, 2019
Pilgrimage to Medjugorje
Spiritual Director: Fr. Edward Murphy
May 5 - 14, 2020
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from
- Airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Accommodations at centrally located hotels: (or similar)
- ~8 nights: May 6 - 14, Hotel Grace, Medjugorje
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine with dinners
- Assistance of a professional local Catholic guide(s)
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Visit to Community Cenacolo
- Meeting with visionaries (pending availability)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches, tips to your guide & driver.
Day 1, Tuesday, May 5 | Depart for Medjugorje
Make your way to your local airport where you will board your overnight flight. Your meals are served on board.
Day 2, Wednesday, May 6 | Arrive Medjugorje
Upon arrival in Europe, change gates to board your short connection flight to Sarajevo airport. Upon arrival collect your luggage in the baggage claim area, and continue to the arrival's hall where you will be greeted by a tour guide and/or driver, who will take you on the 2 1/2 hour drive to the village of Medjugorje. Enjoy dinner before retiring for the evening.
Day 3 - 8, Thursday, May 7 - Wednesday, May 13 | Experiencing Medjugorje
The most beautiful feature of Medjugorje is its simplicity, and its peace. While in Medjugorje, you will have the opportunity to experience your faith grow, and share in the faith journey of pilgrims from all over the world. The local guide will accompany your group throughout your stay in the village. Some activities that will accompany you in your spiritual journey: Attend Daily Mass: Each morning, at 10:00A.M, your group will assemble at St. James Church for Mass (EnglishSpeaking). At the end of each Mass, regardless of language, there is a blessing of the religious articles that you have with you. On Feast Days and Sundays: English Mass is at Noon. Climb Apparition Hill: This mountainous hill is where the visionaries first encountered Our Lady. At the base of this hill is a Blue Cross, where it is said Our Lady appeared to the children while they hid from the communist police in the early days of the alleged apparitions. While climbing, your group is invited to recite the Rosary, pausing five times for each decade of the Rosary. At the top of the hill, you will witness the exact location of the first alleged apparition of Our Lady to the visionaries, and enjoy private time for prayer. Climb Mt. Krizevac (Cross Mountain): In 1933, the villagers built a 30' high cross atop a mountain to commemorate Jesus' passion and death on the cross. Your group will have the opportunity to climb this mountain, and venerate that very cross. While climbing, your group is invited to pray the Stations of the Cross (to meditate on Jesus' suffering Road to Calvary), pausing fifteen times for each Station. Apparitions: Each evening at 5 PM or 6 PM (depending on daylight savings time), your group will join the villagers and fellow pilgrims of Medjugorje in saying the Rosary, as all anxiously await the alleged arrival of Our Lady to the visionaries. Following the apparition, at 5:40 PM (6:40 PM during Daylight Savings Time), feel free to stay at St. James Church and attend the Croatian Mass. Following the Croatian Mass, there is a Blessing of the Sick. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Our Lady has always called us to be close to her Son. For this, you will have the opportunity to adore the Blessed Sacrament at the altar outside of St. James Church. Adoration is held on Tuesdays and Saturdays; Veneration of the Cross is held on Fridays inside the church. Additionally, there is an Adoration Chapel on the grounds of St. James Church, where Adoration is held in the afternoon hours. Meetings with the Visionaries: Pending their availability, your guide will arrange meetings with the visionaries at their homes. Prayer at the Statue of the Risen Christ: The bronze statue of the Risen Christ is located on the grounds of St. James Church. Many pilgrims sit and pray on the benches surrounding this peaceful statue. This statue miraculously seeps droplets of water at all times of the day, out of Christ's right knee.
Day 9, Thursday, May 14: Medjugorje - Home
After an early breakfast and heartfelt farewells, we leave by motor coach for Sarajevo/Split/Dubrovnik Airport for return flights home.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!