"Pope Authorizes Official Pilgrimages to Medjugorje"
May 13, 2019
Franciscan University of Steubenville
Pilgrimage to Medjugorje
Spiritual Director: Fr. Jonathan McElhone, T.O.R.
October 26 - November 3, 2021
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from New York
- Airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Accommodation at centrally located lodging as follows: (or similar)
- ~7 nights: October 27 - November 3, Hotel Grace, Medjugorje
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Tour escort throughout
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Wine and mineral water with dinners
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Luggage Handling (one piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches, tips to your guide & driver, Items of a personal nature.
Day 1, Tuesday, October 26: Depart USA
Depart USA for your overnight flight. Meals are served on board.
Day 2, Wednesday, October 27: Arrive Medjugorje
Early morning arrival in Europe where you will board your flights(s) to Split (or Dubrovnik or Sarajevo). Upon arrival, find your luggage and exit the customs and baggage claim into the arrivals hall where you will be greeted by your tour guide and driver. You will be escorted to the vehicle which will then take you on the 2 1/2 hour drive to the village of Medjugorje. Once there you will be introduced to your family of fellow pilgrims, check in to your hotel where you will be staying for the next seven nights. Enjoy dinner before retiring for the evening.
Days 3 -8, Thursday, October 28 - Tuesday, November 2: Medjugorje
Experience the beauty and peace of this simple village. During your stay in Medjugorje you will have the opportunity to share faith with pilgrims from all over the world. Your local guide will accompany you throughout your stay. Here are some of the activities you'll be sharing with fellow pilgrims: Attend Daily Mass: Each morning, at 10:00A.M, your group will assemble at St. James Church for Mass (English-Speaking). At the end of each Mass, regardless of language, there is a blessing of the religious articles that you have with you. On Feast Days and Sundays: English Mass is at Noon. Climb Apparition Hill: This mountainous hill is where the visionaries first encountered Our Lady. Also, at the base of this hill is a Blue Cross, where it is said Our Lady appeared to the children while they hid from the communist police in the early days of the alleged apparitions. When climbing, your group is invited to recite the Rosary, pausing five times for each decade of the Rosary At the top of the hill, you will witness the exact location of the first alleged apparition of Our Lady to the visionaries, and enjoy private time in prayer. Climb Mt. Krizevac (Cross Mountain): In 1933, the villagers built a 30' high cross atop a mountain to commemorate Jesus' passion and death on the cross. Your group will have the opportunity to climb this mountain, and venerate that very cross. When climbing, your group is invited to pray the Stations of the Cross (to meditate on Jesus' suffering Road to Calvary), pausing fifteen times for each Station. Apparitions: Each evening at 6PM your group will join the villagers and fellow pilgrims of Medjugorje in saying the Rosary as all anxiously await the alleged arrival of Our Lady to the visionaries. Following the apparition, at 5:40 PM feel free to stay at St. James Church and attend the Croatian Mass. Following the Croatian Mass, there is a Blessing of the Sick. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Our Lady has always called us to be close to her Son. For this, you will have the opportunity to adore the Blessed Sacrament at the outside altar of St. James Church. Adoration is held on Tuesdays and Saturdays; Veneration of the Cross is held on Fridays inside the Church. Additionally, there is an Adoration Chapel on the grounds of St. James Church. Adoration is held here in the afternoon hours. Meetings with the Visionaries: Pending their availability, your guide will arrange meetings with the visionaries at their homes. Visit to the Community of Cenacolo: You will have the opportunity to visit the community of Cenacolo, founded by the Sisters of Charity, for young men and women who have taken a wrong path and are on the road to recovery. You will be able to listen to their inspirational words about their journeys back to Jesus Christ. Prayer at the Statue of the Risen Christ: Located on the grounds of St. James Church, is the bronze statue of the Risen Christ. Many pilgrims sit and pray on the benches surrounding this peaceful statue. This statue miraculously seeps droplets of water at all times of the day, out of Christ's right knee.
Day 9, Wednesday, November 3: Medjugorje - USA
After breakfast and heartfelt farewells, we leave by motor coach for Airport for return flights home.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!