Shrines of Italy & Medjugorje Pilgrimage
Spiritual Director: Fr. Peter Kim, LC
Spiritual Director: Fr. Reuben Nuxoll, LC
Spiritual Director: Fr. Michael Moriarty, LC
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Hotel accommodations (or similar) in double occupancy
- ~ 4 nights: Apr 27 – May 01: Hotel Mogana, Rome
- ~ 2 nights: May 01 – May 03: Centro di Spiritualita St. Padre Pio, San Giovanni Rotondo
- ~ 2 nights: May 03 – May 05: BV Grand Hotel Assisi, Assisi
- ~ 6 nights: May 05 - May 11: Hotel Grace, Medjugorje
- Breakfast and Dinners on noted days
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Wireless headsets where needed
- Assistance of a professional local Catholic Guide in Assisi, San Giovanni Rotondo and Medjugorje
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Tips to Hotel Staff and Restaurants
- Catholic Priest, Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Lunches, Dinners and Beverages not mentioned, Tips to your guide & driver.
Day 2, Thu, Apr 27:
· Arrival in Rome and transportation to Hotel Morgana.
· Settle in at the Hotel.
· Travel to our College by train on our own from Termini, and celebrate Mass at our College and a brief tour. Take train on our own to St. Peter’s Basilica, Meal on our own and tour the area.
· Return to Hotel, dinner and go to rest early.
Day 3, Fri, Apr 28: Rome Day
· Mass in St. Peter’s Basilica: 7:15am (take taxis on our own?).
· Breakfast near the Museum on our own, and entrance to Museum at 9:30am.
· Lunch on our own and then visit the Colosseum area starting with Mamertine Prison, San Pietro in Vincoli, Roman Forum, Colosseum, San Clemente, San John Lateran, Holy Stairs.
· Dinner and rest.
Day 4, Sat, Apr 29: Ordination in Santa Maria Maggiore
· Breakfast at the Hotel and then walk to S. Maria Maggiore for the Ordination Mass.
· The rest of the day is free. (Some may want to go to St. Paul Outside the Wall).
· Meet up at Spanish Stairs (Piazza Spagna) at 6:00-6:30pm. From there, we will walk to Restaurant San Marco to have dinner on our own with Fr. Markus and his group.
· Return to Hotel and rest.
Day 5, Sun, Apr 30: First Mass
· Breakfast at the Hotel
· 10am First Mass at Santa Agnese in Agone. Piazza Navona.
· The rest of the day is free for you to tour around, shop, etc.
Recommendation: near Piazza Navona is the Pantheon, Fontana de Trevi, and various small plazas and Churches you can visit (Capuchin Crypt, San Augustine, Chiesa di Gesu…).
· Return to Hotel for dinner or you can have it out on your own.
Day 6, Mon, May 1:
· Breakfast at the Hotel and the transportation to the Catacombs.
· Mass in Catacombs with Fr. Markus.
· The Bus will drop us off back closer to the Historical Center of Rome.
· Free afternoon.
· Dinner at the Hotel or out, then pack up. Rest.
Day 7, Tue, May 2: San Giovanni Rotondo via Manopello.
· We will travel to San Giovanni Rotondo, making a stop at Manopello where they conserve the Veil of Veronica.
· Arrive at Centro di Spiritualita Padre Pío (our lodging).
· Mass at 4:15pm at the Old Church (S. Maria delle Grazie where P. Pio used to say Mass).
· 5pm, a guided tour of the Sanctuary.
· Dinner at Centro di Spiritualita.
· Pack up and Rest.
Day 8, Wed, May 3: San Giovanni to Assisi
· Breakfast at our lodging at 7am.
· Departure at the latest at 8am
· 10:30am Mass at St. Francis Church in Lanciano (Eucharistic Miracle).
· We will make our second stop at Loreto (the house of Nazareth).
· Arrive to Assisi in the evening and have dinner. After dinner, if you want to walk around, you are welcome.
Day 9, Thu, May 4: Assisi
· Breakfast at the Hotel
· Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis (Capella Bonaventura) 10:00am
· The rest of the day is touring Assisi.
· Dinner at the Hotel or out, then pack.
Day 10, Fri, May 5: depart for Rome and fly to Dubrovnik, Croatia
· Breakfast at the Hotel.
· Depart for Rome Fiumicino Airport.
· Flight to Dubrovnik, Croatia for those continuing to Medjugorje. Others take their return flight to USA.
· Transportation to Medjugorje and settle in at Hotel Grace.
· International Mass in the evening.
· Dinner at the Hotel, instructions for the stay, then rest.
Day 11 – 15, Sat – Wed, May 06 – May 10: Medjugorje
The most beautiful features of Medjugorje are its simplicity and peace. While in Medjugorje, you will have the opportunity to deepen your faith and share in the spiritual journey of pilgrims from all over the world. A local guide will accompany your group throughout your stay in the village.
Some activities that will accompany you in your spiritual journey:
Attend Daily Mass: Each morning at 10:00 AM, your group will assemble at St. James Church for Holy Mass (English-Speaking). At the end of each Mass, regardless of language, there is a blessing of religious articles for pilgrims.
Climb Apparition Hill: This mountainous hill is where the visionaries first encountered Our Lady. At the base of this hill is a Blue Cross where Our Lady appeared to the children while they hid from the communist police in the early days of the apparitions. Mirjana also had public apparitions at this holy site on the second of every month. While climbing to the top of Apparition Hill, pilgrims are invited to recite the Rosary, pausing five times to pray each decade of the Rosary in front of huge bronze reliefs depicting each mystery. At the top of the hill, there is a statue of Our Lady in the exact location of her first apparition. Enjoy private time for prayer in this holy place.
Climb Mt. Krizevac (Cross Mountain): In 1933, the Medjugorje villagers built a 30-foot high cross atop the mountain to commemorate Jesus' passion and death on the cross. You will have the opportunity to climb this mountain and venerate that very cross. While climbing, pilgrims pray the Stations of the Cross to meditate on Jesus' suffering, pausing fourteen times for each station at the huge bronze reliefs. Take private time at the top of the mountain in front of the cross, for prayer in this holy place.
Apparitions: Each evening at 5:00 PM or 6:00 PM (depending on daylight savings time), your group will join the villagers and fellow pilgrims of Medjugorje in saying the Rosary, as all await the arrival of Our Lady to the visionaries at 5:40 PM (6:40 PM during Daylight Savings Time). Afterwards, you can stay at St. James Church and attend the Croatian Mass. Following the Croatian Mass, there is a Blessing of the Sick.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Our Lady has always called us to be close to her Son. In response to her call, pilgrims will have the opportunity to adore the Blessed Sacrament at the altar outside of St. James Church. Adoration is on Tuesdays and Saturdays; Veneration of the Cross is on Fridays inside the church. Additionally, there is an Adoration Chapel on the grounds of St. James Church, where Adoration is held in the afternoon hours. Eucharistic Adoration is one of the most memorable experiences in Medjugorje. God’s grace is so tangible, one feels as though they can reach out and touch the Holy Spirit. During the service, the outside altar is surrounded by several thousand pilgrims and locals, as everyone rests in deep prayer.
Meetings with the Visionaries: Pending their availability, your guide will arrange meetings with the visionaries at their homes.
Visit the Community of Cenacolo: Pilgrims will have the opportunity to visit the Community of Cenacolo, founded by Sr. Elvira Petrozzi, for young men and women who have taken the wrong path and are on the road to recovery. You will be able to listen to their inspirational testimonies about their journeys back to Jesus Christ.
Prayer at the Statue of the Risen Christ: The bronze statue of the Risen Christ, located on the grounds of St. James Church. This statue miraculously seeps droplets of water out of Christ's right knee. Many pilgrims sit and pray on the benches surrounding this statue.
Visit to Tihaljina: Just 20 miles from Medjugorje, you will visit the Immaculate Conception Parish Church, which contains the Our Lady of Grace statue so many pilgrims associate with Medjugorje. Here you will have a private mass for your group and time for prayer.
Visit to Široki Brijeg: Only 18 miles from Medjugorje, you will go to Široki Brijeg after visiting Tihajlina. Here you will visit the Franciscan friary of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. This is where on the February 7th, 1945, thirty Franciscan friars were executed for refusing to renounce their faith. Fr Jozo Zovko, the parish priest who was in Medjugorje when the apparitions began, was stationed here as guardian for many years and received thousands of pilgrims at this church.
Day 16, May 11: Medjugorje - USA
After an early breakfast and heartfelt farewells, we leave by motor coach for Dubrovnik, Split, or Sarajevo for return flights home.*206 Tours Disclaimer: Occasionally local religious and national holidays, weather, traffic conditions and other events may necessitate changes in the sequence of events or the missing of certain events/places. Though every effort will be made to follow the itinerary, it should be considered as an indication, rather than a contract of events and places to be visited.
Why buy "With Airfare" from 206 Tours