Spiritual Director: Fr. Jonathan Wilson
Group Leader: Emily Jaminet
September 11 - 20, 2022
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfarefrom Columbus
- All Airport Taxes and Fuel Surcharges
- Centrally located hotels as follows: (or similar)
- ~ Sep 12 - 13 | 1 night: Hotel Ashling, Dublin
- ~ Sep 13 - 14 | 1 night: Hotel Hoban, Killkenny
- ~ Sep 14 - 16 | 2 nights: Randles Hotel, Killarney
- ~ Sep 16 - 18 | 2 nights: Menlo Park Hotel, Galway
- ~ Sep 18 - 19 | 1 night: Knock House, Knock
- ~ Sep 19 - 20 | 1 night: Hotel Ashling, Dublin
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine and mineral water with dinners
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Assistance of Christian guide throughout
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Beverages unless mentioned. Lunches, Tips to your guide & driver.
Day 1, Sunday, Sept 11 | Departure
Depart from your hometown for your overnight flight(s) to Ireland. Meals will be served on board.
Day 2, Monday, Sept 12 | Arrive Dublin
Cead Mile Failte - Welcome to Ireland! Upon arrival into Dublin you will be greeted by your tour guide and driver, and enjoy a panoramic tour of the city on both sides of the River Liffey, where we pass by the General Post Office on the city's main streets, O'Connell Street, Custom House, and Phoenix Park, the largest city park in Europe. On the other side of the river are Georgian squares characterized by colorful doors, Grafton Street and Trinity College which is the oldest university in Ireland, founded in 1592 by Elizabeth I. Time permitting we visit the ancient library containing over 20,000 manuscripts, among which is the Book of Kells, a manuscript from the 9th-century written by the monks at St. Colombo's monastery on the island of Iona. Today we will also visit St. Patrick's Anglican Cathedral, built in 1213. This Gothic Cathedral has a splendid interior, with some beautiful tombs and monuments. The ornate stained glass windows can be found in the Chancel. In the late afternoon we transfer to our hotel for dinner and overnight in Dublin.
Day 3, Tuesday, Sept 13 | Dublin - Glendalough - Baltinglass - Castledermot - Killkenny
Following breakfast, we will travel through the beautiful mountains of Wicklow, called the "Garden of Ireland" until we reach Glenadalough. This ancient monastic city, established in the 6th-century by St. Kevin, is in the heart of "the valley of the two lakes." It was a very important centre of learning as well as a pilgrimage destination. There are many legends concerning St. Kevin and he is often compared to St. Francis of Assisi. You will be taken on a guided tour of the site, in which you will see the Round Tower, the ruins of the Cathedral, and "St. Kevin's Kitchen" that is surrounded by an old cemetery. The tour continues to Baltinglass where the ruins of a Cistercian Abbey are found. We will then pass by Castledermot, where we set eyes upon the remnants of a Franciscan Abbey, before arriving into Killkenny for dinner and overnight.
Day 4, Wednesday, Sept 14 | Killkenny - Cashel - Limerick - Killarney
Depart Kilkenny and transfer to Cashel for your sightseeing tour with visit to the Rock of Cashel, standing high in the middle of the "Golden Vale." These religious buildings, dating from the 12th-century, form the most spectacular medieval set in Ireland. The Cathedral, the Round Tower and Cormac Chapel, which was the first Irish Romanesque Church, testify to the importance of this site which used to be the seat of the High Kings of Munster. So, once more we find two traditions and cultures meeting with one another where the story of St. Patrick's Cross will tell us more. Afterward, transfer to limerick and visit the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal. Later, continue to Killarney for dinner and overnight.
Day 5, Thursday, Sept 15 | Killarney - Dingle - Killarney
Enjoy your visit to Dingle with a stop at Inch beach, a city tour and a view of Glea head . Enter the Gallarus Oratory and the Kilmalkedar Church. Return to Killarney for dinner and overnight.
Day 6, Friday, Sept 16 | Killarney - Tarbet-Killimer - Liscannor - Cliffs of Moher - Galway
Depart Killarney for the ferry from Tarbert to Killimer pier. Transfer to Liscannor. County Clare is a beautiful landscape with a Victorian seaside resort, and where we will visit the Cliffs of Moher. From here we go on to Galway, a city that has kept its medieval charm with its colorful streets and authentic pubs. Dinner and overnight in Galway.
Day 7, Saturday, Sept 17 | Galway - Clonmacnoise - Corrib River Cruise
Transfer to Clonmacnoise for sightseeing. Enjoy a round trip cruise on the Corrib River and Lake. Return to Galway for dinner and overnight.
Day 8, Sunday, Sept 18 | Galway - Connemara - Knock
This morning, after breakfast, we will transfer to Connemara and visit Kylemore Abbey and Garden. Later, continue to Knock and the Shrine situated in the plains of East Mayo, which is one of the world's leading Marian Shrines. On August 21, 1879 fifteen men, women and children witnessed an Apparition of Mary. We will visit the Basilica, the largest Church in Ireland. Knock is a very popular pilgrimage destination, and in 1979 Saint John Paul II visited this holy place. After Mass we will have time for private prayer at the Shrine. Dinner and overnight in Knock.
Day 9, Monday, Sept 19 | Knock - Dublin
Transfer to Dublin for sightseeing, which will include a visit to the National Museum of Ireland, Decorative Arts and History. Enjoy some free time in the afternoon, before dinner and overnight in Dublin.
Day 10, Tuesday, Sept 20 | Depart Dublin
Prepare for your departure to the airport and your return flights home, taking with you beautiful memories of your pilgrimage to Ireland.
Why buy "With Airfare" from 206 Tours
- 1000’s of flights are being cancelled. 206 Tours will assist getting you to your destination.
- Your transfer will be waiting for you upon arrival, even if your flights are rescheduled.
- In the event your tour is not operating we will refund you all your money back or provide a full credit
- Your seats will be assigned according to your request (most online fares do not include seat assignment appox. $300)
- If you need to travel few days prior or stay few days later, make a stop-over, we will arrange it for you.
If you do not buy Airfare from 206 Tours
- With many flight cancellations and overbookings, we feel that you should know:
If your flight is cancelled - 206 Tours will not be able to assist you.
- In order to guarantee your arrival and departure transfer, we need your detailed flight arrival / departure by 45 days prior, Any changes within 45 -3 days prior, additional transfer cost may apply.
- For changes in arrival / departure within 3 days of departure, we will not be able to rebook your transfer and you will need to make your own way to / from hotel or airport at your own cost
- Often times low online fares, do not include seat assignments ($300 approx.). It will be a challenge to get a good seat assigned at the airport.
- If you book your own airfare, travel insurance provided by 206 Tours will not reimburse expenses caused by your flight changes.