Our Lady of Peace
Mexico City & the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe Pilgrimage
Spiritual Director: Fr. Johan Betancourt
Group Coordinators: Susan Janazzo & Gina Wood
November 4 - 9, 2021
Your trip includes
- Round Trip Airfare from
- Airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- 5 nights accomodation at centrally located first class hotels: (or similar)
- ~ 5 nights: November 4 - 8: Galeria Plaza, Mexico City, Mexico
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Lunch every day at local restaurants (except on day of arrival/departure)
- Breakfast & Dinner daily at your hotel or local restaurants
- Wine and mineral water with dinners
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Wireless headsets where needed
- Assistance of a professional local guide(s)
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Airline luggage fees. Tips to your guide & driver.
Day 1, Thursday, November 4: Depart for Mexico City
Make your way to Newark airport where you will board your flight(s) to Mexico City. Upon arrival, you will collect your luggage in the baggage claim area and continue to the Arrival's Hall where you will be greeted by a tour guide and/or driver. Transfer to your hotel. Enjoy free time before celebrating Mass and dinner. Overnight in Mexico City.
Day 2, Friday, November 5: Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe and San Juan Teotihuacan
After breakfast, depart for the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Patroness of the Americas), by way of the Plaza of the Three Cultures. You will first visit the Church of Santiago Tlatelolco where St. Juan Diego was baptized. This plaza is important as it symbolizes the unique blend of the pre-Hispanic, and Hispanic cultures that make up Mexico. Continue to the Shrine of Guadalupe, built in response to Our Lady's request to the visionary, St. Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin. Upon arrival at the Shrine, you will celebrate Mass as you marvel at the brilliantly colored Basilica. Following Mass, join the other pilgrims as you kneel in front of the "Tilma", where Our Lady's image was miraculously imprinted. Following this visit, you will make your way to San Juan Teotihuacan, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. According to mythology, this site was chosen to be the center of the universe, and from then on, it became a prominent political and religious center from the second century until the ninth century. While in San Juan Teotihuacan, you will enjoy lunch at a nearby restaurant, followed by a guided tour of the Archaeological zone. View the pyramids of the Sun and Moon and learn how the Aztecs used to work the obsidian stone and the multiple uses of the Maguey Plant. Your fun-filled busy day will culminate with a delicious dinner and an overnight at your hotel.
Day 3, Saturday, November 6: Mexico City
This morning, your day will begin with breakfast, followed by Mass at the Holy Family Church, where you will view the tomb of Fr. Miguel Agustin Pro, the Jesuit martyr. In a time of great religious persecutions, Fr. Pro was exiled from Mexico during the Mexican Revolution. However, he returned to Mexico and was aided by a secret ministry who helped him hide from authorities. During his time in Mexico, he assisted many individuals in their spiritual, as well as temporal, needs. He was eventually discovered, arrested and killed by authorities. While at the Holy Family Church, you may pray to this great martyr who remained filled with the joy of serving Our Lord even in the midst of very difficult times. You will also visit the small but very inspiring Museum dedicated in honor of Father Pro. There will be time for a prayer and a special blessing. After this visit, you will tour the oldest and largest cathedral in all of Latin America, the Metropolitan Cathedral. Throughout your time in the cathedral, you will be overwhelmed by the stunning paintings, altar pieces, and statues. Your tour continues with a transfer to the National Palace. This extraordinary palace has been a building of the ruling class of Mexico since the Aztec Empire's rule. During this visit, you will be able to view some amazing murals painted by Diego Rivera. Continue the day with a visit to the Plaza of Santo Domingo. This plaza contains two Holy places that are architecturally exquisite; the Church of Santo Domingo, the first church built by the Dominicans in 1576 and; the Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary, the first Rosary Shrine in Mexico. Additionally, you will visit the Shrine of Our Lady of Covadonga, the headquarters of the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary. This Shrine is dedicated to the Patron Saint of Asturias (Spain). Return back to your hotel to enjoy a delicious dinner and rest before the next day of activities.
Day 4, Sunday, November 7: Excursion to Puebla
A fun-filled day is ahead. Enjoy a spectacular drive to what is known as Mexico's most beautify city - Puebla. On your ride, you will climb to over 10,000 feet above sea level, and view two magnificent peaks; one that is covered with snow and the other that is an active volcano. Upon arrival in Puebla, a typical cultural lunch is waiting. Following lunch, visit Puebla's Cathedral St. Dominic's Church, and its Chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary, along with the Church of St. Francis of Assisi, where you will view the incorrupt body of St. Sebastian of Aparicido. Return to Mexico City for dinner and an overnight.
Day 5, Monday, November 8: Church of Tulpetlac - Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe
After breakfast, transfer to the Church of the 5th Apparition, where the Blessed Virgin Maria de Guadalupe appeared to Juan Bernardino, Juan Diego's uncle. Here you can find a well of healing water which locals drink from. Next, a return visit to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe to attend Mass, and bid farewell to Mary the Mother of God. Free time in the afternoon before dinner and your last overnight in Mexico.
Day 6, Tuesday, November 9: Return Home
This morning, transfer to the airport for your return flight(s) home. You will say farewell to friends and a pilgrimage that will last in your memory for years to come.
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!