Spiritual Director: Fr. Timothy Farrell
June 1 - 10, 2023
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfarefrom Columbus
- All Airport Taxes and Fuel Surcharges
- Centrally located hotels as follows: (or similar)
- ~ June 02 - 03 | 1 night: Hotel Ashling, Dublin
- ~ June 03 - 04 | 1 night: Hotel Hoban, Killkenny
- ~ June 04 - 06 | 2 nights: Randles Hotel, Killarney
- ~ June 06 - 08 | 2 nights: Menlo Park Hotel, Galway
- ~ June 08 - 09 | 1 night: Knock House, Knock
- ~ June 09 - 10 | 1 night: Hotel Ashling, Dublin
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine and mineral water with dinners
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Assistance of Christian guide throughout
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Beverages unless mentioned. Lunches, Tips to your guide & driver.
Day 1, Thu, June 1, Depart for Dublin
Depart from your hometown for your overnight flight(s) to Ireland. Meals will be served on board.
Day 2, Fri, June 2, Arrive Dublin
Cead Mile Failte - Welcome to Ireland! Upon arrival into Dublin you will be greeted by your tour guide and driver. We will have a panoramic city tour on both sides of the River Liffey, where we pass by the General Post Office on the city's main streets, O'Connell Street, Custom House, and Phoenix Park, the largest city park in Europe. On the other side of the river are Georgian squares characterized by colorful doors, Grafton Street and Trinity College which is the oldest university in Ireland, founded in 1592 by Elizabeth I. Time permitting we visit the ancient library containing over 20,000 manuscripts, among which is the Book of Kells, a manuscript from the 9th-century written by the monks at St. Colombo's monastery on the island of Iona. Today we will also visit St. Patrick's Anglican Cathedral, built in 1213. This Gothic Cathedral has a splendid interior, with some beautiful tombs and monuments. The ornate stained glass windows can be found in the Chancel. In the late afternoon we transfer to our hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 3, Sat, June 3, Wicklow - Glendalough - Tipperary
Following breakfast, we will travel through the beautiful mountains of Wicklow, called the "Garden of Ireland" until we reach Glenadalough. This ancient monastic city, established in the 6th-century by St. Kevin, is in the heart of "the valley of the two lakes." It was a very important centre of learning as well as a pilgrimage destination. There are many legends concerning St. Kevin and he is often compared to St. Francis of Assisi. You will be taken on a guided tour of the site, in which you will see the Round Tower, the ruins of the Cathedral, and "St. Kevin's Kitchen" that is surrounded by an old cemetery. The tour continues to Baltinglass where the ruins of a Cistercian Abbey are found. We will then pass by Castledermot, where we set eyes upon the remnants of a Franciscan Abbey, before arriving into Tipperary for dinner and overnight.
Day 4, Sun, June 4, Rock Of Cashel - Kerry
Today we are on to the "Rock of Cashel," standing high in the middle of the "Golden Vale." These religious buildings, dating from the 12th-century, form the most spectacular medieval set in Ireland. The Cathedral, the Round Tower and Cormac Chapel, which was the first Irish Romanesque Church, testify to the importance of this site which used to be the seat of the High Kings of Munster. So, once more we find two traditions and cultures meeting with one another where the story of St. Patrick's Cross will tell us more. Our journey continues towards Kerry for dinner and overnight.
Day 5, Mon, June 5, Kerry - Dingle Peninsula
This morning continue towards the Dingle Peninsula, the most northern of the Kerry peninsulas. From the town of Inch, where David Lean shot the movie "Ryan's Daughter," and the last part of the country where Gaelic language is spoken, we continue along the Eagle Mount and the cliffs of Slea Head. In Early Christian Ireland, monks were looking for isolated places such as Gallarus Oratory. It is dated from the 9th-century, and excellently preserved. Oratory used to be a place of prayer for monks. Our next stop is the Kilmalkedar Church, built in the 12th-century and once part of a complex of religious buildings in Romanesque style. Dinner and overnight in Kerry.
Day 6, Tue, June 6, Shannon - Cliffs Of Moher - Galway
After a good Irish breakfast we will be going north through Listowel and embark on the ferry at Killimer to cross the Shannon estuary. County Clare is a beautiful landscape with a Victorian seaside resort, and where we will visit the Cliffs of Moher. The coastal road with Galway's intensely blue bay on one side and natural rocky landscape on the other. From here we go on to Galway, a city that has kept its medieval charm with its colorful streets and authentic pubs. Dinner and overnight in Galway.
Day 7, Wed, June 7, Galway - Corrib Lake - Clonmacnoise
Today we will enjoy a Cruise on Corrib Lake, which is the largest lake in the Republic of Ireland. It is also the best way to see Galway and its surroundings. Today we will visit to Clonmacnoise, which is Ireland's most important monastic site, overlooking the River Shannon. This site was founded by St. Ciaran in the 6th-century and consists of a walled field containing numerous early Churches, high crosses, round towers and graves. Dinner and overnight in Galway.
Day 8, Thu, June 8, Knock
Today we will visit Knock and the Shrine situated in the plains of East Mayo, which is one of the world's leading Marian Shrines. On August 21, 1879 fifteen men, women and children witnessed an Apparition of Mary. We will visit the Basilica, the largest Church in Ireland. Knock is a very popular pilgrimage destination, and in 1979 Saint John Paul II visited this holy place. After Mass we will have time for private prayer at the Shrine, followed by free time for lunch and shopping on our own. We will return to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 9, Fri, June 9, Knock - Dublin
Today as we leave Knock, we will enjoy beautiful scenery travelling to Dublin. We will arrive in Dublin in the afternoon and visit the National Museum, situated in the heart of the city. Its collection of golden prehistoric jewelry is without a doubt the most beautiful in Europe. You will be particularly interested in the Celtic finery as well as numerous early Christian ornaments and relics of great beauty. In the afternoon there will be some free time for lunch and relaxation. Dinner and overnight in Dublin.
Day 10, Sat, June 10, Depart Dublin
This morning we will transfer to Dublin Airport for your return flight(s) home.*206 Tours Disclaimer:
Occasionally local religious and national holidays, weather, traffic conditions and other events may necessitate changes in the sequence of events or the missing of certain events/places. Though every effort will be made to follow the itinerary, it should be considered as an indication, rather than a contract of events and places to be visited.
Why buy "With Airfare" from 206 Tours
- 1000’s of flights are being cancelled. 206 Tours will assist getting you to your destination.
- Your transfer will be waiting for you upon arrival, even if your flights are rescheduled.
- In the event your tour is not operating we will refund you all your money back or provide a full credit
- Your seats will be assigned according to your request (most online fares do not include seat assignment appox. $300)
- If you need to travel few days prior or stay few days later, make a stop-over, we will arrange it for you.
If you do not buy Airfare from 206 Tours
- With many flight cancellations and overbookings, we feel that you should know:
If your flight is cancelled - 206 Tours will not be able to assist you.
- In order to guarantee your arrival and departure transfer, we need your detailed flight arrival / departure by 45 days prior, Any changes within 45 -3 days prior, additional transfer cost may apply.
- For changes in arrival / departure within 3 days of departure, we will not be able to rebook your transfer and you will need to make your own way to / from hotel or airport at your own cost
- Often times low online fares, do not include seat assignments ($300 approx.). It will be a challenge to get a good seat assigned at the airport.
- If you book your own airfare, travel insurance provided by 206 Tours will not reimburse expenses caused by your flight changes.