Holy Land Pilgrimage
Walk Where Jesus Walked!
Spiritual Director: Fr. Vincent Druding
January 3 - 12, 2022
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Centrally Located First Class Hotels: (or similar)
- ~ 1 night: Jan 4 - 5 | Herod's, Tel Aviv
- ~ 2 nights: Jan 5 - 7 | Leonardo Plaza, Tiberias
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Wi-Fi on motor coach
- Whisper Headsets where needed
- Assistance of a professional local guide
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Tips to Hotel Staff and Restaurants
- Catholic Priest, Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Tips to your guide & driver, Items of a personal nature.
Day 1, Monday, Jan 3: Depart for the Holy Land
Make your way to your local airport where you will board your overnight flight. Your meals will be served on board.
Day 2, Tuesday, Jan 4: Arrive Tel Aviv
Upon arrival in Tel Aviv, you will be met by the 206 Tours representative and transfer to your hotel in Tel Aviv. Dinner will be served at the hotel.
Day 3, Wednesday, Jan 5: Caesarea - Stella Maris - Nazareth – Cana - Tiberias
Theme: The Annunciation
This morning after breakfast leave for Caesarea (entrance included), which was once the ancient capital of the Roman province. Here you view the impressive archaeological remains of the Roman and Byzantine city that once dominated the region. It was at Caesarea that Peter came to understand that the Good News was not for Jews only, but for the whole world. Here he baptized the Roman Centurion, Cornelius, and his family. It was from Caesarea that Paul set sail for Rome, an event that eventually brought Christianity to the World. Continue north to Haifa to visit Stella Maris, a Carmelite Monastery dedicated to Our Lady of Mt Carmel and located over the cave where Elijah lived. After enjoying the view of the bay of Acco, drive to Nazareth, the site of Mary’s home and the town where Jesus lived as a child. At Nazareth visit the Byzantine Church of St. Joseph and Mary’s Well. In the late afternoon visit Cana, where Jesus performed His first miracle at the request of His mother [John 2:1-11]. Here visit the Franciscan Chapel where those who wish to may renew their wedding vows. Continue to Tiberias to check – in to your hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4, Thursday, Jan 6: Tiberias: Sea of Galilee
Theme: The Ministry of Christ in the Galilee
After breakfast we start with a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee (included). After this, see the remains of a boat that dates back to the time of Jesus, found buried in mud (entrance included). Continue to the Mount of Beatitudes, scene of Jesus’ great Sermon on the Mount. Nearby is Tabgha, where Jesus fed the crowd of 5,000 and onto the site known as “Peter’s Primacy”. Here, after His resurrection, Jesus met with His disciples and told Peter to “feed my lambs; feed my sheep.” [John 21:9]. A short drive away is Capernaum (entrance included), from where Jesus launched his Ministry; see the synagogue which dates to the time of Jesus and the Church built over the site of Peter’s home. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 5, Friday, Jan 7: Jordan River - Mt. Tabor – Jericho – Jordan River – Jerusalem
Theme: The Transfiguration
Today, after breakfast, drive to Mount Tabor, the site of the Transfiguration, with time to reflect on Christ’s Humanity and Divinity (transportation included). Mass here will be a good preparation for the journey to Jerusalem where Jesus was to suffer the crucifixion and resurrection. Drive down the Jordan Valley to Jericho*, the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world, where we view Mt Temptation and an example of a Sycamore Tree. Visit the Baptismal site on the Jordan River then to Jerusalem, where you check-in to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 6, Saturday, Jan 8: Jerusalem: Temple Model - Ein Karem – Bethlehem
Theme: The Visitation and Nativity
Begin the day with a visit to the Second Temple scale model for an overview of Jerusalem as it was at the time of Jesus (entrance included). A short drive takes us to the village of Ein Karem, birthplace of John the Baptist, to visit the Church that commemorates his memory. Pray the Mystery of the Rosary on the walk up the hill to the Church of the Visitation. In the afternoon visit Bethlehem to see the cave at the Shepherds’ Field. The caves have soot marks of the fires that shepherd’s lit to keep warm while watching over their flocks. Then we will depart to Bethlehem, beginning at Manger Square, which stands in front of one of the oldest of Christian Churches, the Church of the Nativity. Enter the Church and down to the Grotto of the Nativity which marks the spot of Jesus’ birth. Beneath the Altar, there is a silver star with the Latin inscription: HIC DE VIRGINE MARIA JESUS CHRISTUS NATUS (Here Jesus Christ was born to the Virgin Mary.) After Mass we will return to the hotel in Jerusalem. Dinner and overnight.
Day 7, Sunday, Jan 9: Jerusalem: Mt. Of Olives - Gethsemane - Mt. Zion - Western Wall
Theme: Palm Sunday and the Agony in the Garden
From the Mount of Olives take in the panoramic view of Jerusalem. Then to the Pater Noster Shrine (entrance included), where Jesus taught His disciples the Pater Noster — The Lord’s Prayer (Luke 11:1-4). Walking down the Palm Sunday Road stop at the beautiful little Church, Dominus Flevit - “The Lord wept.” It was here that Jesus wept over Jerusalem [Luke 19:41]. At Gethsemane reflect on Jesus’ final night. The Garden contains trees, the roots of which go back to the time of Jesus. Visit the Church of All Nations to pray at the “Rock of Agony,” a section of bedrock identified as the place where Jesus prayed alone in the garden on the night of His arrest. Visit the Western Wall, to see all that remains of the Temple compound that dates to the time of Jesus. From here we will continue to the house of the High Priest Caiaphas where He was interrogated and imprisoned. Now called Peter in Gallicantu (“crowing rooster”) (entrance included), this beautiful Church also commemorates Peter’s Denial of Christ, his repentance and then being forgiven by Jesus. After Mass we will go up to Mt. Zion to visit the Upper Room, which commemorates the Last Supper. Nearby is the Benedictine Church of the Dormition. Dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 8, Monday, Jan 10: Free day in Jerusalem
Day 9, Tuesday, Jan 11: Jerusalem: Via Dolorosa - Holy Sepulchre
Theme: The Way of the Cross, The Crucifixion, The Resurrection
This morning we start the Via Dolorosa (The Way of the Cross) at the Antonia Fortress (entrance included), where Jesus was condemned to death by Pontius Pilate. From there He was taken through the city to be crucified. The Stations of the Cross lead, through the markets of the Old City to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Here is the site of Calvary and the Tomb of Christ. Mass will be in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. After breakfast visit the Church of St Anne’s (entrance included), the Pool of Bethesda and the Sisters of Zion. This afternoon there will be time to revisit the Old City. Dinner and Overnight.
Day 10, Wednesday, Jan 12: Tel Aviv – USA
Transfer to airport for the flight home.
Why buy "With Airfare" from 206 Tours
- 1000’s of flights are being cancelled. 206 Tours will assist getting you to your destination.
- Your transfer will be waiting for you upon arrival, even if your flights are rescheduled.
- In the event your tour is not operating we will refund you all your money back or provide a full credit
- Your seats will be assigned according to your request (most online fares do not include seat assignment appox. $300)
- If you need to travel few days prior or stay few days later, make a stop-over, we will arrange it for you.
If you do not buy Airfare from 206 Tours
- With many flight cancellations and overbookings, we feel that you should know:
If your flight is cancelled - 206 Tours will not be able to assist you.
- In order to guarantee your arrival and departure transfer, we need your detailed flight arrival / departure by 45 days prior, Any changes within 45 -3 days prior, additional transfer cost may apply.
- For changes in arrival / departure within 3 days of departure, we will not be able to rebook your transfer and you will need to make your own way to / from hotel or airport at your own cost
- Often times low online fares, do not include seat assignments ($300 approx.). It will be a challenge to get a good seat assigned at the airport.
- If you book your own airfare, travel insurance provided by 206 Tours will not reimburse expenses caused by your flight changes.