& Poland Pilgrimage
Spiritual Director: Fr. Paul Cochran
July 21 - 30, 2022
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare
- All Airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Accommodation at Centrally located First Class Hotels: (or similar)
- ~ 1 nights: July 22-23, Munich, Pullman Munich
- ~ 2 nights: July 23-25, Oberammergau, accommodation TBA
- ~ 2 nights: July 25-27, Warsaw, Holiday Inn Warsaw City Centre
- ~ 1 nights: July 27-28, Czestochowa, Hotel Arche
- ~ 2 nights: July 28-30, Krakow, Novotel Krakow Centrum
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine with dinners
- Lunch (on the day of Passion Play)
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Assistance of a professional local guides
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Tickets to the Passion Play (Theater Seating Area 3)
- Official Passion Play Program in English
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches and beverages unless mentioned, Tips to your guide & driver.
Day 1, Thursday, July 21, 2022: Depart to Germany
Depart for your overnight flight to Germany
Day 2, Friday, July 22, 2022: Arrive Germany
You'll be met upon arrival at the airport and transferred to your hotel. spend the afternoon at leisure before enjoying a buffet dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 3, Saturday, July 23, 2022: Munich - Oberammergau
After breakfast at your hotel enjoy a half day sightseeing tour of Munich to include a view of Nymphenburg Palace and Marienplatz. Afterward transfer to Hohenschwangau for sightseeing and a view of Neuschwanstein Castle. Continue to Steingaden for an Orientation tour and visit the Wieskirche Church, a Unesco site before continuing to Oberammergau. Dinner and overnight in the Oberammergau area.
Day 4, Sunday, July 24, 2022: Oberammergau
Passion Play: Performance Day
Celebrate Mass at local church. Enjoy some time to explore Oberammergau's colorful frescos known as "Luftlmalereien" on house facades and to visit wood carving shops with amazing array of nativity scenesand religious figures. Following lunch, we will make our way to the world-famous theatre to attend the performance of a lifetime, the 42nd Oberammergau Passion Play. The sleepy village springs to life every ten years to put on a play that draws the world upon it! We, too, will become part of mission of the Passion of Christ, the greatest story ever told. We all share His message of faith and love! The Oberammergau Passion Play tells the story of the Passion of Christ, beginning with His entry into Jerusalem, followed by His trial, crucifixion, resurrection and ascension. The play is held in a beautiful open-air theatre that is praised for its superb acoustics. There are 2,000 actors (and live animals), they include local wood carvers, hotel owners, students, teachers, children, all of them interrupt their schedules to become actors, singers, orchestra members and stagehands. Requirements are strict: all actors must be born in Oberammergau, or have lived there 20 years, or be married to a villager and a resident for 10 years. All-natural makeup, such as men let their hair and beards grow a year before the play. Female roles are limited to single women under age 35.
The Play is approximately five and a half hours long and is performed in two acts.
Act I : 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Intermission: 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm; enjoy dinner at a local restaurant.
Act II: 8:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Day 5, Monday, July 25, 2022: Oberammergau - Munich - Warsaw
Prepare for your departure to Munich Airport for your flights to Warsaw. Upon arrival in Warsaw transfer to your hotel. Dinner and overnight in Warsaw.
Day 6, Tuesday, July 26, 2022: Warsaw
Enjoy a full day of sightseeing to include a view of the Old Town, Market Square, the Barbican, The Warsaw Ghetto Monument, Lazienska Park, Chopin Monument, the Royal Castle and St. Stanislaw Kostka Church. Dinner and overnight in Warsaw.
Day 7, Wednesday, July 27, 2022: Warsaw - Niepokalanow - Czestochowa
Depart Warsaw to Niepokalanow. Visit the Franciscan Monastery. Continue to Czestochowa to visit Jasna Gora Black Madonna Monastery. Dinner and overnight in Czestochowa.
Day 8, Thursday, July 28, 2022: Czestochowa - Oswiecim - Wadowice - Wieliczka - Krakow
Transfer to Oswiecim and visit Auschwitz - Birkenau site. Continue to Wadowice and view the family home of St. John Paul II and the Minor Basilica of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Later continue to Wieliczka and visit the Wieliczka Salt mine. Continue to Krakow for overnight.
Day 9, Friday, July 29, 2022: Krakow - Lagiewniki - Krakow
Enjoy a full day sightseeing. See the Faustina Chapel including the Shrine of Divine Mercy. Continue to the John Paul II Sanctuary. Return to Krakow. Continue to the Sister Faustina Convent and return to Krakow for dinner and overnight.
Day 10, Saturday, July 30, 2022: Departure
Prepare for your departure and return home with memories for a lifetime!
The benefit of buying airfare with 206 Tours?
- Your transfers are always secured, even if your flights are delayed - round trip transfers to/from the hotel and airport are included no matter what!
- If you purchase your airline ticket on your own, you have to pay in full at the time of booking, and most of the time it is non-refundable. If you book with 206 Tours, full payment is due 60 days prior.
- In the very rare event that a tour is cancelled, you would get all your money back, which would most likely not be the case if you purchased it directly from the airline.
- Your flight arrangement will be followed up on and reconfirmed by 206 Tours.
- 206 Tours can arrange for you to travel before the tour, make a stop-over, or stay later!