United States Pilgrimage
Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi
Santa Fe, Chimayo, Acoma Pueblo & Laguna
Spiritual Leader: Fr. Shawn Dresden
Group Leader: Cora Manabat
June 19 - 24, 2022
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare
- Airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Centrally located first class hotels as follows: (or similar)
- ~ 5 nights: Hyatt Place, Santa Fe
- Full Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine and mineral water with dinner
- Transfers as per itinerary
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach
- Wireless headsets where needed
- Assistance of a professional local Catholic Guide
- Sightseeing and admissions fees as per itinerary
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Lunches and beverages not mentioned, Tips to your guide & driver, individual transfers.
Day 1, Sunday, June 19: Depart Las Vegas - Arrive Santa Fe (Loretto Chapel)
Depart Las Vegas for your flight to Santa Fe. Meet your tour escort in the lobby of your hotel for "Meet and Greet", than a short orientation tour of Santa Our first stop at the Loretto Chapel with the Miraculous Staircase of St. Joseph. The Chapel is a former Roman Catholic Church that is now used as a museum. The Sisters of Loretto credited St. Joseph with its construction. It has been the subject of legend, and the circumstances surrounding its construction and its builder were considered miraculous by the Sisters of Loretto. The Miraculous Staircase was built by a mysterious carpenter that no one has ever seen, but Sisters of Loreto claimed that it was St. Joseph. It is said that the entire construction of it is simply "impossible." It was built without any nails or glue, it lacks any central support and according to many, it should have collapsed the very first moment someone used it. What a blessing it is for us to visit it during the Year of St. Joseph. Next, we make our way to Church for Mass, then a local restaurant for dinner and return to hotel for overnight.
Day 2, Monday, June 20: Santa Fe - Chimayo (El Santuario de Chimayo, Santo Nino Chapel) - Abiquiu (Benedictine Monastery and Museum of Georgia O'Keeffe)
Following breakfast at the hotel, we will proceed to Chimayo for our visit to El Santuario De Chimayo, also known as "the Lourdes of the Americas" and famous for its "Holy Dirt". It is here that we will celebrate Mass and pray beside the "The Shrine of the Lord of Esquipulas" and the hole containing the Holy Dirt. Next, we will visit Santo Nino (Holy Child) Chapel and visit Our Lady of La Vang statue located outside near the river. We will continue to Abiquiu, a small town located in norther New Mexico. Abiquiu means "wild choke cherry place" in the Tewa language. The community is also called Santo Tomas de Abiquiu and the Pueblo of Santo Tomas de Abiquiu. While here we will visit the Benedictine Monastery of Christ in the Desert. From its beginnings, the monastery has followed the Benedictine life according to the Rule of St. Benedict with no external apostolates. Abiquiu was also home to the artist Georgia O'Keeffe from 1929 until 1984. We will visit her home which is now a museum commemorating her life. Georgia O'Keeffe was an American artist. She was known for her paintings of enlarged flowers, New York skyscrapers, and New Mexico landscapes. O'Keeffe has been recognized as the "Mother of American Modernism." Return to Santa Fe for dinner and overnight.
Day 3, Tuesday, June 21: Santa Fe (Santuario de Guadalupe, San Miguel Mission and the Cathedral Basilica of St Francis of Assisi)
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel. We will then continue to Santuario de Guadalupe. The Santuario de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe is a historic Catholic Shrine in Santa Fe. It is the oldest Church in the United States dedicated to Our Lady of Guadalupe. Following the visit of Santuario de Guadalupe, we will visit and explore San Miguel Mission. San Miguel Mission was established on July 25, 1797 by the Franciscan order. "The Oldest Church" in the continental United States is a site chosen specifically due to the large number of Salinan Indians who inhabited the area, whom the Spanish priests wanted to evangelize. We will them enjoy lunch at Rancho de Chimayo Restaurant, followed by the visit and Mass celebration at the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi. The Cathedral of Saint Francis of Assisi was officially elevated to a Basilica by Pope Benedict XVI on October 4, 2005. Dinner and overnight in Santa Fe.
Day 4, Wednesday, June 22: Santa Fe - Acoma Pueblo - Laguna, Cibola County - Santa Fe (Christo Rey Church)
We will have breakfast at the hotel and continue to Acoma Pueblo. It is here that we will visit Mission San Estevan. Construction of the Acoma Pueblo mission Church was a 12-year project, begun shortly after the Spanish founded the mission in 1629 and completed in 1642. During these years, much of the adobe village was built too. The Church is 150 feet long and 40 feet at its widest, constructed of the same adobe bricks and plaster used to build the older village structures. The roof is adobe with wooden beams called "vigas." We will celebrate Mass and then you will enjoy lunch on your own before we transfer to Laguna, Cibola County, for our visit and guided tour of San Jose de la Laguna Mission. This mission, dedicated to St. Joseph, was established in the year 1699 by Friar Antonio de Miranda, O.F.M., one of the early Franciscan Missionaries in New Mexico. It is one of the last established of the early New Mexico Missions, and is the best preserved, in its original condition, of all the Old Missions in the Southwest. We return to Santa Fe for a visit of Cristo Rey Church. Dinner and overnight in Santa Fe.
Day 5, Thursday, June 23: Santa Fe (El Rancho de las Golondrinas) - Madrid - Albuquerque (Old Town Tour)
After breakfast at the hotel we will visit El Rancho de las Golondrinas Museum. El Rancho de las Golondrinas strives to maintain examples of life during the period when Spain ruled in the southwestern portion of the North and most of the Central American continent. The museum opened in 1972 and is dedicated to the history, heritage, and culture of 18th and 19th Century New Mexico. Guides are dressed in period clothing and demonstrate weaving, hide tanning, milling, blacksmithing and the planting of crops. Following this visit we will transfer to the little town of Madrid for our visit of St Joseph Church. The current structure was built in 1922 and replaced a previous Church from 1844 that burned in a fire. This lovely little Church has a western feel with beautiful old wooden floors and pews as well as the decorative tin ceiling. Next, we travel to Albuquerque. Upon arrival we will celebrate Mass at San Felipe de Neri Church. It is a historic Catholic Church built in 1793, one of the oldest surviving buildings in the city and the only building in Old Town proven to date to the Spanish colonial period. We return to Santa Fe to conclude the day with a "farewell" dinner and overnight.
Day 6, Friday, June 24: Depart Santa Fe for Las Vegas
Following breakfast check out and depart with a lifetime of memories.
Why buy "With Airfare" from 206 Tours
- 1000’s of flights are being cancelled. 206 Tours will assist getting you to your destination.
- Your transfer will be waiting for you upon arrival, even if your flights are rescheduled.
- In the event your tour is not operating we will refund you all your money back or provide a full credit
- Your seats will be assigned according to your request (most online fares do not include seat assignment appox. $300)
- If you need to travel few days prior or stay few days later, make a stop-over, we will arrange it for you.
If you do not buy Airfare from 206 Tours
- With many flight cancellations and overbookings, we feel that you should know:
If your flight is cancelled - 206 Tours will not be able to assist you.
- In order to guarantee your arrival and departure transfer, we need your detailed flight arrival / departure by 45 days prior, Any changes within 45 -3 days prior, additional transfer cost may apply.
- For changes in arrival / departure within 3 days of departure, we will not be able to rebook your transfer and you will need to make your own way to / from hotel or airport at your own cost
- Often times low online fares, do not include seat assignments ($300 approx.). It will be a challenge to get a good seat assigned at the airport.
- If you book your own airfare, travel insurance provided by 206 Tours will not reimburse expenses caused by your flight changes.