Fatima & Catholic Shrines of Portugal Pilgrimage
Spiritual Director: Fr. Dan Vanyo
October 16 - 27, 2017DV101617
Your trip includes
- Round-trip airfare from Phoenix, PHX
- All airport taxes & fuel surcharges
- Centrally located first class hotels: (or similar)
- ~ 3 nights: Oct 17 - 20: Sana Capitol Lisboa, Lisbon
- ~ 1 night: Oct 20 - 21: Hotel Oslo Coimbra, Coimbra
- ~ 1 night: Oct 21 - 22: Hotel Mercure Braga, Braga
- ~ 2 nights: Oct 22 - 24: Grande Hotel do Porto, Porto
- ~ 2 nights: Oct 24 - 26: Hotel Sao Jose, Fatima
- ~ 1 night: Oct 26 - 27: Sana Capitol Lisboa, Lisbon
- Tour Escort throughout
- Breakfast and Dinner daily
- Wine with dinners
- Transfer by Private Motor coach
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Mass daily & Spiritual activities
- Luggage handling (1 piece per person)
- Flight bag & portfolio of all travel documents
- Lunches, Beverages unless mentioned, Tips to your guide & driver
Mon, Oct 16: Depart Phoenix
- Make your way to your local airport, where you will board your overnight flight(s).
- Your meals will be served on board.
Tue, Oct 17: Arrive Lisbon
- Hotel Check in
- Mass/Tour at the Cathedral of St. Mary Major
- Visit St. George Castle
- Overnight in Lisbon
Wed, Oct 18: Lisbon
- Mass at Sao Antonio (the Birthplace of St. Anthony "of Lisbon" (Padua))
- Visit the Church of Sao Vicente de Fora ("Outside the Walls"); Church de Sao Rujue (St. Roch); Monastery dos Jeronimos (St. Jerome); Convent da Ordem do Carmo (Carmelite); National Pantheon and the Casa Dos Bicos (House of the Beaks/Spikes).
- Drive to Evora and overnight
Thu, Oct 19: Evora - Tomar
- Mass at the Capela de Ossos (Chapel of Bones) in Igreja de Sao Francisco in Evora
- Visit the Old City
- Drive to Tomar (birthplace of St. Irene)
- Visit Convent of Christ (Templar Fortress/Order of Christ)
- Overnight in Tomar
Fri, Oct 20: Tomar - Leira - Coimbra
- Mass at the Igreja de Sao Joao Baptista (St. John the Baptist) in Tomar
- Visit the Castle of Almourol (Templar Castle)
- Drive to the Monastery of Batalha (of the Battle) in Leira
- Overnight in Coimbra
Sat, Oct 21: Coimbra - Torre
- Mass at the Monastery of Santa Clara-a-Nova and visit the tomb of St. Elizabeth of Portugal in Coimbra.
- Visit the Monastery of the Holy Cross (with the tomb of St. Teotonio).
- Visit the University of Coimbra (one of the oldest Universities).
- CVisit the Roman Village in Conimbriga.
- Drive through the Scenic da Estrela Mountains (highest range in Continental Portugal).
- Overnight in Torre
Sun, Oct 22: Torre - Viseu - Braga
- Visit Viriathus Memorial in Viseu
- Mass at Sao Frutuoso in Braga (Chapel of St. Fructuosus of Braga - a Visigoth-era chapel) and visit Sao Francisco Church next-door.
- Visit Braga Cathedral (Braga is the oldest Diocese in Portugal)
- Visit Bom Jesus do Monte
- Visit Our Lady of Sameiro
- Overnight in Braga
Mon, Oct 23: Braga - Viano Do Castelo - Balasar - Porto
- Mass at the Shrine of St. Lucia in Viano do Castelo
- Visit the House of Alexandria in Balasar
- Tour of the Old Town in Porto
- Port Wine Tour in the evening before dinner.
- Overnight in Porto
Tue, Oct 24: Porto - Fatima
- Mass in Fatima.
- Tour of Sites
Wed, Oct 25: Fatima
- Personal Retreat Day in Fatima
Thu, Oct 26: Fatima - Santarem - Nazare - Lisbon
- Morning in Fatima
- Afternoon Mass at the Church of the Holy Miracle (Site of a Eucharistic Miracle) in Santarem
- Visit Church of Nossa Senhora da Nazare (Our Lady of Nazare)
- Nazare Beach
- Drive to Lisbon, Farewell Dinner and overnight
Oct 27: Lisbon - Phoenix
- Following breakfast at Hotel, transfer to Lisbon Airport for return flight to Phoenix